Most Rabbits Caught in daytime. ?

Guest vin

28 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Myxi

None,at the time the land was crawling with rabbits and any lurcher with a nose picked squatter after squatter off its seat.Not to long after they lamped and shot over 2,000 rabbits in one season off there.

• Like 1

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just working reed beds the old dog sleeping on the rabbits on the second picture Was a hard day for him lol 42 caughtb

The good old bad old days,we used to go all over,fanatic rabbiters,caithness,sutherland,perthshire,she borders,weardale,teesdale,north Yorkshire,malham,all over the dales,i think it would be very diff

Love it up there dan can watch the eagles great place to work dogs 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, morton said:

None,at the time the land was crawling with rabbits and any lurcher with a nose picked squatter after squatter off its seat.Not to long after they lamped and shot over 2,000 rabbits in one season off there.

Crickey o reily

59 minutes ago, king said:

some say you spent the morning picking magic mushrooms before you hit the big 60 bunnies.

Never found a magic up there,if you wanted magics a trip around Ponden Res and you soon filled a bag,possibly why the hippy commune up there was so busy,full of laughter to boot.As i said there where that many rabbits densely populating the area terriers bagged up on squatters.I walked the walls with a marking lurcher and ferret and had over 20 rabbits from the walls around one field,another time with 3 mates,1 lurcher,2 ferrets and 3 shotguns we made 3 trips back to the motor carrying the catch,24 of which were alive in a pigeon basket for a touch of re-stocking,ill not say how many we had that day or ill be accused of progressing to crack .Geez the early eighties was the time to be a bunny basher in the Dales.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, morton said:

Never found a magic up there,if you wanted magics a trip around Ponden Res and you soon filled a bag,possibly why the hippy commune up there was so busy,full of laughter to boot.As i said there where that many rabbits densely populating the area terriers bagged up on squatters.I walked the walls with a marking lurcher and ferret and had over 20 rabbits from the walls around one field,another time with 3 mates,1 lurcher,2 ferrets and 3 shotguns we made 3 trips back to the motor carrying the catch,24 of which were alive in a pigeon basket for a touch of re-stocking,ill not say how many we had that day or ill be accused of progressing to crack .Geez the early eighties was the time to be a bunny basher in the Dales.

North or south?

15 minutes ago, shaaark said:

None. Although, the type of land in many areas in the north, is alot easier for catching bigger numbers of rabbits than in many southern areas. And where I live at moment, if you went lamping and your dog caught even just 5, you'd be having a hood night.

Yet within an hour's drive, we could be on one of our permissions, and be in for a great night, but you need a very fast dog, as the rabbits are like rockets, due to the nature of most of the land on a couple of the farms; ie mostly arable.

There's loads of land like that up here as well so there is no difference it's just the land heavy sheep populated land is hard to catch them on most my permission  is sheep land heavily grazed but the hills are easier but still give a good run they don't just my.in to the bag lol 

2 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

There's loads of land like that up here as well so there is no difference it's just the land heavy sheep populated land is hard to catch them on most my permission  is sheep land heavily grazed but the hills are easier but still give a good run they don't just my.in to the bag lol 

Not disagreeing mate. And just realised that I replied to the 'daytime' thread with a lamping reply! Lol. Yes I know there's plenty of arable land up north and scotland etc, was just saying that there does seem to be far more areas in the north than the south, where the land is far more conducive to catching bigger numbers, especially the land immediately around my way ?

16 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Not disagreeing mate. And just realised that I replied to the 'daytime' thread with a lamping reply! Lol. Yes I know there's plenty of arable land up north and scotland etc, was just saying that there does seem to be far more areas in the north than the south, where the land is far more conducive to catching bigger numbers, especially the land immediately around my way ?

More rabbits to go at 

• Like 1

IMG_20171001_153223_977.thumb.jpg.e99fb91f41c73d3ac21b664de8a12225.jpg

Further north you go the better imo..... We took over 100 odd rabbits from this banking in 3/4 hrs.... Went back and still took 40 odd more on the lamp same night?after a few days you get sick of it......  your dogs are sore and you struggle to get the smell of rabbit off you lol, so go out for other bits and bobs ?IMG_20171001_153709_886.thumb.jpg.2147ee7d17a0c578a46613f6e7703c75.jpgIMG_20171001_153325_112.thumb.jpg.03c5ab09285f1f967eae2083dfe3143b.jpg

• Like 5

we used to go ferreting above grassington and bedale both places always produced 100 plus and we had a 150 from bedale but to be fair with a lurcher or two you would of doubled that my spaniels was catching one after another on the days they went, we used to bolt from walls on some sheep land at Sheffield and my coursing bitch used to catch up to 20 most times great days but easy rabbits spoil you for the little mouch round home.

• Like 3