Most Rabbits Caught in daytime. ?

Guest vin

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just working reed beds the old dog sleeping on the rabbits on the second picture Was a hard day for him lol 42 caughtb

The good old bad old days,we used to go all over,fanatic rabbiters,caithness,sutherland,perthshire,she borders,weardale,teesdale,north Yorkshire,malham,all over the dales,i think it would be very diff

Love it up there dan can watch the eagles great place to work dogs 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Great bags those, must've  been good days out?. Are those Scottish rabbits a lot easier to catch ??:whistling:

According to the southerners everythings easier in the north but20170219_133837.thumb.jpg.dc5061b9710c60059b4c134cdff85fe2.jpg truth be told our dogs ate just better lol.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, white van man said:

Think it’s 2! There’s too much cover down here. Dogs need to be in the right place at the right time! 

CCAE989D-A4FA-4DBC-96F3-FBB1BA30D4E0.jpeg

C'mon mate, we ferreted a few to the dogs...I think Micks terrier had 6 last time out...

I don't remember the lurchers catching any though lol

22 hours ago, vin said:

?All this talk of big numbers at night on the bunnies.

What's the most rabbits you've caught in the daytime...without the use of nets, just bolting, flushing, Ferreting to the dogs etc ?

No falling out chaps.

I caught over 60 with one lurcher on a tussocky hillside above Grassington,just to get that into perspective i caught 11 with a terrier on the same land.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Truth to be told, ALL northern rabbits, whether scottish or otherwise, ARE easier to catch than southern rabbits, FACT ?

some say the northern rabbits apart from there thick coats.

also suffer from extreme athlete's foot .ingrowing toe nails. bunions and in the wet areas trench foot.

now that would explain why they are easier to catch.

and just thinking about it now.

@northenlite you cruel fecker hunting them disabled bunnys.

i would of thought you would at least of tucked 1 of the dogs legs under its collar to give them bunnys a sporting chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, morton said:

I caught over 60 with one lurcher on a tussocky hillside above Grassington,just to get that into perspective i caught 11 with a terrier on the same land.

some say you spent the morning picking magic mushrooms before you hit the big 60 bunnies.

• Haha 1