.410 morning

IMAG1003.thumb.jpg.92654d5a72f19ec7e09a831fa2a4470e.jpgWell things have slowed right down on the corvids,I guess now harvest is under way there's plenty of food around.14 shot and 11 picked,so I'm guessing that puts me somewhere around the 500 mark in the last few weeks and 858 in the ladder trap.

Wheat due cutting soon,and the pigeon numbers are building so let's hope the .410 gets some more action.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Jackdaw said:

Gamekeeper on the shoot next door has had over 200 magpies in the Larsen traps,seems to be a bumper breeding year for corvids.

Yes, according to my pal, we’ve had over 100 magpies in the larsens this year. I hadn’t been counting...

• Like 1

I had a dozen or so yesterday , started at 5am finished at 8 , soon as a few shots went up they changed track and headed for the cut barley across the valley ..there’s so much food out there now they aren’t hanging about at all ..on a good note 

The rape has been cut and the farmers already turned it over which should concentrate the pigeons a bit ..

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jackdaw said:

Yep it's pretty difficult to build big bags with so much food around,but the wheat is due cut shortly so fingers crossed should provide some sport on the pigeons.

They have started down here , I was in Newhaven last week and they had been cutting some wheat and there was a lot of pigeons on the stubble, sadly I can’t shoot it ...