Bushing in the lakes. Good or bad.

Cheers fox pack. Got a mate up that way but he’s just into gun dogs. Looks good country when I have been passing through. Lots of rough ground thought there would be plenty about. Is there a lot of lamping lads with the rifles 

Spent a lot of time in the lakes walking. Never hunted up there though. Should imagine it’s similar to where I hunt in Wales. A few things about in the lower ground but up higher it’s tough terrain and you rarely see much. As foxpack says, decent views! Think it’s my favourite type of hunting. 

0244D2F2-43F2-4A62-B28D-2F61224D13A1.jpeg

2A4D24FC-2FF6-4510-B077-30C33F7AB474.jpeg

Edited by white van man
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, white van man said:

Spent a lot of time in the lakes walking. Never hunted up there though. Should imagine it’s similar to where I hunt in Wales. A few things about in the lower ground but up higher it’s tough terrain and you rarely see much. As foxpack says, decent views! Think it’s my favourite type of hunting. 

0244D2F2-43F2-4A62-B28D-2F61224D13A1.jpeg

2A4D24FC-2FF6-4510-B077-30C33F7AB474.jpeg

Looks familiar that white van man. Where abouts are u there? Pm me if u prefer. 

On 20/07/2018 at 15:01, Chunk2011 said:

Is there many lads doing it up there. Apart from the big hounds. A bet it’s good ground for the littler hounds. 

Walk the 3 peaks and take a busher with you,you may be surprised what you knock up,plenty of rabbits and the odd big ear,plus the reed beds are productive if you like to witness reynard in flight,roe are a nuiscance if you wander further from the beaten track.

My mate is called Geoff fox pack don’t want to say he’s full name but he’s just into the gun dogs.  he’s on the coast. Just thought there would be plenty stuff about with the cover. Is there many rabbits up there. Do you hunt the fells fox pack. Went with the lunes dale years ago that was good proper hunting just couldn’t keep up with the hounds 

• 2 weeks later...