How long without food

Just pondering how long have you gone without solid food  ,

I had a chinky Wednesday at 9 pm (pork fried rice & curry sauce)

woke up Thursday at 6am feeling rough , was ill all Thursday so just had couple cups of tea , a can of coke and a kids ice pole ?

just eaten 2 biscuits now so technically I’ve not eaten for 40? Hours 

wife reckons there’s a bug doing the rounds but I’m thinking touch of food poisoning certainly put me off Chinese take away !

20 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Must admit I don’t feel so bloated.

Was probably the rice that got ya it carries more germs and bacteria’s than most things , got to be reheated properly 

• Like 2

Fasting is all the rage now. Haven’t tried it but can see logic in it in terms of how our bodies would have evolved to cope with feast and famine.

Might give it a go later in the year..., once I’ve finished off the last of the Easter eggs ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've done a few water only fasts 1  3  5  14 days. After about 5 days your body is so reactive/alert/responsive and the longer you fast the less you feel the need to eat.Its natures way of putting you on full alert to find the next meal from way back in our Hunter,gatherer days when the next meal was not garuanteed. When breaking the fast is the part you have to get right by eating the correct foods over the coming days after a fast.