Big numbers in one night

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good day and night for me never equated to double figures,2 and 3 rabbits was a long days slog,then we ventured into the Dales.What a mistake,you soon lose your love of hunting and chase numbers,cha

Easier left in bundles to.pick up  later 

86 with 2  14 months old beddy whippet greyhounds

Posted Images

Love haislet. Any way 21 with me beddy whippet. We did it on foot too and good for around here even back then. I remember the moon coming out from behind the clouds as we trudged back along the moon road fooked. She slept on me bed that night

6993247668_0755197ca5_b.jpg

cleared 30 plenty of times but more than one dog 

• Like 7

Depends on where you are in the country and how long you stay out..... I could walk all night local for 10/15 rabbits.... Down south or the Highlands you could have that many runs or more in the same field. Witnessed a 14 month old  beddy whip dog catch 20 plus its first night lamping the higlands few yrs back being slipped by my pals 10 yr old lad lol.... You will never know what you got if you don't  put them on it and test them to the max?used to jump in the motor and travel miles walk the land until its was light...... Happy to be out for 4/5 hrs these days, work in the morning . Cant wait to get my new runner out and about, she will be my only runner so i will put all of my time and effort in to her.... Hopefully she does what i need from her ?sketch-1531509416578.png.ea6a35df25e65c3719856fc0a5816d5c.png

• Like 6

done a few 40s with 2 dogs a few hi 20s-30 with one dog  bad feeling them numbers wont be around this year local have a few looks just to see whats about some stubbles that were alive last year not even one bunny on,and a few bits of land that were alive towards the end of last season now dead land

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Depends on where you are in the country and how long you stay out..... I could walk all night local for 10/15 rabbits.... Down south or the Highlands you could have that many runs or more in the same field. Witnessed a 14 month old  beddy whip dog catch 20 plus its first night lamping the higlands few yrs back being slipped by my pals 10 yr old lad lol.... You will never know what you got if you don't  put them on it and test them to the max?used to jump in the motor and travel miles walk the land until its was light...... Happy to be out for 4/5 hrs these days, work in the morning . Cant wait to get my new runner out and about, she will be my only runner so i will put all of my time and effort in to her... Hopefully she does what i need from her ?sketch-1531509416578.png.ea6a35df25e65c3719856fc0a5816d5c.png

That sure is one cracking looking pup...:clapper:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Depends on where you are in the country and how long you stay out..... I could walk all night local for 10/15 rabbits.... Down south or the Highlands you could have that many runs or more in the same field. Witnessed a 14 month old  beddy whip dog catch 20 plus its first night lamping the higlands few yrs back being slipped by my pals 10 yr old lad lol.... You will never know what you got if you don't  put them on it and test them to the max?used to jump in the motor and travel miles walk the land until its was light...... Happy to be out for 4/5 hrs these days, work in the morning . Cant wait to get my new runner out and about, she will be my only runner so i will put all of my time and effort in to her.... Hopefully she does what i need from her ?sketch-1531509416578.png.ea6a35df25e65c3719856fc0a5816d5c.png

Cracker l

• Like 2

All the ground I used to do back in 80s/90s hold nowhere near the amount of rabbits that used to be there. We used to regular go to Borders a couple of nights a week and always done big numbers and that was just one spot we were doing we had a few more good spots back then as well.Most of the places don't hold enough rabbits to do big numbers now, certainly not the numbers we used to see anyway. I was using a halfx Beddy/Greyhound back then and he was some dog.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

hows he bred DC