Big numbers in one night

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good day and night for me never equated to double figures,2 and 3 rabbits was a long days slog,then we ventured into the Dales.What a mistake,you soon lose your love of hunting and chase numbers,cha

Easier left in bundles to.pick up  later 

86 with 2  14 months old beddy whippet greyhounds

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, stormyboy said:

Not saying it's restricted or related to colour but blacks usually crop up when numbers are up, as does myxi. No direct correlation but I've rarely seen black rabbits where rabbits are scarce.

No mate there the carriers of many diseases them black rabbits have been known to carry tetsy fly fever ,tyfoid ,several forms of nob rot including galloping and dunns river desease 

24 minutes ago, Black neck said:

No mate there the carriers of many diseases them black rabbits have been known to carry tetsy fly fever ,tyfoid ,several forms of nob rot including galloping and dunns river desease 

Haha I remember me and my mate used to be cabbaged on a few joints and my little bro rode the local bike and we would tell him he cought mad nob rot poor Cnut thought it was going to fall off

• Haha 4

Sounds like the men in black are dropping them off then when they are collecting the big cats off side of the road??? ? Is mixi not carried by a flea? Rabbits recover and pass on immunity to their young, until the warrens become overcrowded again? Too many rabbits in a warren, too hot,or wet(if its cold it lays dormant?) and you get outbreaks? Or we on the old conspiracy theory that black rabbits are just carriers that are purposely put down to control numbers? Whos behind it all? Government? Defra? Nfu? Or the f***ing Russians? Some cnut put me out of me misery ?

12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Sounds like the men in black are dropping them off then when they are collecting the big cats off side of the road??? ? Is mixi not carried by a flea? Rabbits recover and pass on immunity to their young, until the warrens become overcrowded again? Too many rabbits in a warren, too hot,or wet(if its cold it lays dormant?) and you get outbreaks? Or we on the old conspiracy theory that black rabbits are just carriers that are purposely put down to control numbers? Whos behind it all? Government? Defra? Nfu? Or the f***ing Russians? Some cnut put me out of me misery ?

I think it's them cnuts with the buddy whippits doing it so they can catch something 

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Haha I remember me and my mate used to be cabbaged on a few joints and my little bro rode the local bike and we would tell him he cought mad nob rot poor Cnut thought it was going to fall off

Ahh I thought I spotted a touch of the rot when he posted that pic of his set like

Last time i was up in the Highlands and speaking to the keepers and old farmers, they said that a big cold spell few yrs before had all but wiped them out. 3/4 yrs down the line they started to get back to normal numbers. Rabbits start digging out the old warrens where rabbits had died and mixi starts up again??? Seems more truth in that imo than seeing black rabbits and those being the reason why it flares up in areas? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Last time i was up in the Highlands and speaking to the keepers and old farmers, they said that a big cold spell few yrs before had all but wiped them out. 3/4 yrs down the line they started to get back to normal numbers. Rabbits start digging out the old warrens where rabbits had died and mixi starts up again??? Seems more truth in that imo than seeing black rabbits and those being the reason why it flares up in areas? 

Feck me ain't you finished that bone yet? Nobody said black rabbits are the reason for myxi flaring up. Let me spell it out. Again. For the hard of learning. Blacks are recessive to common coloured rabbits and occur when numbers are higher meaning more chance for recessive genes to manifest, or in isolated populations where the same occurs. 

Myxi breaks out, as you've said in several posts , when populations increase, along with the vector of myxi, the flea. So no, the men in black aren't responsible,  and fleas, to my knowledge ( which is fecking immense), are not bigoted or colour preferenced. They bite any old rabbit. It's all just coincidence- black rabbits = population increase, population increase = myxi.

So there you have it, hopefully that's put you out of your misery!

You can thank me later.?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, stormyboy said:

Feck me ain't you finished that bone yet? Nobody said black rabbits are the reason for myxi flaring up. Let me spell it out. Again. For the hard of learning. Blacks are recessive to common coloured rabbits and occur when numbers are higher meaning more chance for recessive genes to manifest, or in isolated populations where the same occurs. 

Myxi breaks out, as you've said in several posts , when populations increase, along with the vector of myxi, the flea. So no, the men in black aren't responsible,  and fleas, to my knowledge ( which is fecking immense), are not bigoted or colour preferenced. They bite any old rabbit. It's all just coincidence- black rabbits = population increase, population increase = myxi.

You can thank me later.?

That dosnt mek sense at all

6 hours ago, stormyboy said:

You can thank me later.?

Take a chill pill brother ?makes no odds to me, wabbits aint my thing to be fair??