Big numbers in one night

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good day and night for me never equated to double figures,2 and 3 rabbits was a long days slog,then we ventured into the Dales.What a mistake,you soon lose your love of hunting and chase numbers,cha

Easier left in bundles to.pick up  later 

86 with 2  14 months old beddy whippet greyhounds

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Start of season two years took 47 in 65 mins in two very big fields on of which had a single fence post 10yards from the hedge and mr big ears took him past and dog hit it winded the little man but on returning end of this season with same dog and no fence post and two weeks after a night with John Russel taken over 115 my little boy took 72 1:30 mins saluki x greyhound  -  collie x whippet under 21 TTS 

• Like 1

Good stuff mhopton ?

But heard a Cornwall dog did 68 rabbits in 60mins 

Speed lamping dogs are without doubt the best ? one for the pot ,,speed lamping dogs would feed a small town ?

Cant remember what count was that night as had loads o good night's out,,,118 or 128 below f**k knows can't be bothered counting ,,,2 dogs 

About 4/5 hours lamping as we sat in motor most the night drinking Bovril and putting world to rights ?

538649149_Screenshot_20170817-2130532.thumb.png.e7396508b12c8fc013c77e315b0e8f66.png

Edited by MR RABBIT
  • Like 2
54 minutes ago, mhopton said:

Start of season two years took 47 in 65 mins in two very big fields on of which had a single fence post 10yards from the hedge and mr big ears took him past and dog hit it winded the little man but on returning end of this season with same dog and no fence post and two weeks after a night with John Russel taken over 115 my little boy took 72 1:30 mins saluki x greyhound  -  collie x whippet under 21 TTS 

Hard to beat the smaller dogs for rabbits 

18 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Good bags Bob you bringing your we bitch out of retirement this season ?

Nahhh can't be assed ,, she was an ok speedlamper ,she was good but not the best ,but she could fill a pot or two

She was a good racer thou ,,for a 50lb hairy thing she could run and remained Undefeated against racing whip Grey's ,whippets and other racing lurchers under 23inch only other lurcher that beat her bag chasing was her littermate she was 26 inch ( bag chasers) lol,,but just quite life for me n her now ....but by Eck she could run... Determination in her was unreal ,,when weather battered us left right and centre on hills she never refused a slip even if we got battered by 70mph winds and icey rain and was knackered She never lifted her head on those rough nights,and it was a long night and descent bag

Edited by MR RABBIT
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, MR RABBIT said:

Nahhh can't be assed ,, she was an ok speedlamper ,she was good but not the best ,but she could fill a pot or two

She was a good racer thou ,,for a 50lb hairy thing she could run and remained Undefeated against racing whip Grey's ,whippets and other racing lurchers under 23inch only other lurcher that beat her bag chasing was her littermate she was 26 inch ( bag chasers) lol,,but just quite life for me n her now ....but by Eck she could run... Determination in her was unreal ,,when weather battered us left right and centre on hills she never refused a slip even if we got battered by 70mph winds and icey rain and was knackered She never lifted her head on those rough nights,and it was a long night and descent bag

sounds like she the type to get a pup from, you ever breed off her .?

Lamping rabbits is easy ,but taking big numbers in just a few hours 

The lamping dog has to be good at its job and have a certain mind set when weather giving u a hard time,,seen many a dog throw in towel when wet and cold ( thank f**k they weren't mine ) 

Hurricane Harry below 57 that quick night,,, one dog takes 50 ,,two dogs take 7 ,,one off them was a young dog but went on to be an good lamper,,,but gives u an idea ,,when weather gets tuff ,,,u want a dog who doesn't give a shit and just wants to work ,,even if there's a hurricane and rain and it's cold 

Screenshot_20171208-173713~2.png

Edited by MR RABBIT
  • Like 4

I always liked her sister taller fantastic ferreting dog lol also liked her half brother tag ,,f****d he missed nothing ,,matched him a few times we ended up drawing after few matches ,,but he was the better dog,,u matched tag u couldn't miss as he didn't ,,nicked named the German for a reason he was so well processed

She's in season now bird but won't breed ,,she is fitting of breeding from ,,but iam a busy man and won't breed for fear of losing a bloodline as her littermates and half littermates are just as good,,,plus I have the father lol

Tag before 11pm.and my bitch

266582761_Screenshot_20170905-2306332.thumb.png.05f8460caf5a07bf8e3888eb3de27ee3.png

My bitch and her litter mate before 11pm f**k lamping above 11pm.to fill the bag 

144547554_Screenshot_20170903-0209012.thumb.png.3f409819ddfda422c3b83a9988278df7.png

Edited by MR RABBIT
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, MR RABBIT said:

Good stuff mhopton ?

But heard a Cornwall dog did 68 rabbits in 60mins 

Speed lamping dogs are without doubt the best ? one for the pot ,,speed lamping dogs would feed a small town ?

Cant remember what count was that night as had loads o good night's out,,,118 or 128 below f**k knows can't be bothered counting ,,,2 dogs 

About 4/5 hours lamping as we sat in motor most the night drinking Bovril and putting world to rights ?

538649149_Screenshot_20170817-2130532.thumb.png.e7396508b12c8fc013c77e315b0e8f66.png

Cheers mate little blade just has the knack of taking them off the seat tight to walls,hedges really is a pleasure to watch and even more so to work with, he’s only down side is his coat took the whippet gene to that but runs faultless with his wax jacket lol

1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

Hard to beat the smaller dogs for rabbits 

Totally agree mate?but he Takes more than his fare share of longes 8+ rabbits one night  never put him to red tails not worth the risk some photos don’t show his true size many a folk have said how big he looks on the pictures but 20.7” just a we man 

• Like 1