Big numbers in one night

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good day and night for me never equated to double figures,2 and 3 rabbits was a long days slog,then we ventured into the Dales.What a mistake,you soon lose your love of hunting and chase numbers,cha

Easier left in bundles to.pick up  later 

86 with 2  14 months old beddy whippet greyhounds

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Chunk2011 said:

You must have different standards to me cause catching 60 plus rabbits with one dog on the lamp is not easy. But then again it is to you so each to there own. 

It is easy when your lamping certain grounds 

• Like 3

Yeah the ground makes a difference same as if there rabbits that have never been lamped but a have seen dogs that are very fit and are useful dogs but they would never catch that many in a night no matter how fit they got. That’s when stamina and breeding comes into it. A have seen bull crosses catch a dozen then that’s them but av seen small whippet type take 20s an 30s. Horses for courses. 

35 minutes ago, Chunk2011 said:

Yeah the ground makes a difference same as if there rabbits that have never been lamped but a have seen dogs that are very fit and are useful dogs but they would never catch that many in a night no matter how fit they got. That’s when stamina and breeding comes into it. A have seen bull crosses catch a dozen then that’s them but av seen small whippet type take 20s an 30s. Horses for courses. 

Rabbits up north slower than south apparently ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chunk2011 said:

You must have different standards to me cause catching 60 plus rabbits with one dog on the lamp is not easy. But then again it is to you so each to there own. 

I was talking about lampin g in general is easy for any lurcher no 60 a night for one dog but they do say or northern dogs are superior on the rabbits or is it the rabbits are easier feck knows ??

2 hours ago, nothernlite said:

I was talking about lampin g in general is easy for any lurcher no 60 a night for one dog but they do say or northern dogs are superior on the rabbits or is it the rabbits are easier feck knows ??

some say the northern rabbits have thicker coats.so when it rains they run like they got wet donkey jacket on lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3