HW77

7 minutes ago, villaman said:

Looks far nicer than mine and newer plus a good price , probably you could get that for about £50 - 60 

Well i think yours is nicer Mitch

but that stock is the new version of the hw97 stock

how much is yours then ?

pm me with the price

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the plunge and went for a HW77.

Any of these two hw,s will out shoot a tx 200 all day long I can remember some one not to far away who would not even contemplate a hw97 or a pro sport  He had the best spring rifle money co

I had my first go with the HW77 the other day. It hadn't shot a tin of pellets yet and the owner was a newbie who was struggling to zero and asked for help.  I was intrigued as I've heard lots of

Posted Images

Stripped and relubed the 97. It’s shooting a bit smoother but the spring is a bit loose on the guide. Why don’t manufacturers fit the parts properly? Anyway, as I was saying, it’s shooting smoother but with a twang and the power has gone down to 10.4lft/lbs(assuming the shop checked it properly). I’ve always wondered why they chrony their rifles out of sight. 10.4 is not bad but it makes you wonder if you’re doing something wrong as this isn’t the first time.

New Konus scope ordered today. I’ll give it a go down the range on Friday.

I had a go on a SFS tuned 77 the other day. Sweet as a nut. Does anyone know what they charge and what kind of waiting time I’m looking at?

7 hours ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

Stripped and relubed the 97. It’s shooting a bit smoother but the spring is a bit loose on the guide. Why don’t manufacturers fit the parts properly? Anyway, as I was saying, it’s shooting smoother but with a twang and the power has gone down to 10.4lft/lbs(assuming the shop checked it properly). I’ve always wondered why they chrony their rifles out of sight. 10.4 is not bad but it makes you wonder if you’re doing something wrong as this isn’t the first time.

New Konus scope ordered today. I’ll give it a go down the range on Friday.

I had a go on a SFS tuned 77 the other day. Sweet as a nut. Does anyone know what they charge and what kind of waiting time I’m looking at?

Around £150 to sfs tune it Jonny or you can order the kit and do it your self i think

dont know how much the kit is mind

but iv got to say an sfs tuned rifle is second to none bar tbt tuned rifles there is nothing in them

iv got both well did have iv just sold the 77 to Mark Williams off here

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ps,,,i think the waiting time is around 3 weeks depending on there work load

This shocked me but when i enquired about the waiting time for a SFS tune it was 16 weeks :icon_eek:.

A good friend off this forum, - Pianoman, ( Simon), was selling his HW97K .177 that was tuned by a trusted gunsmith to him and had SFS internals and SFS spring fitted by him.

My, is that rifle good.

Here`s her first serious outing with me.

IMG_1149.thumb.JPG.65d0bdf8182e2f8c72ab19a2ebef19ad.JPG

Anyways, another good mate off here, Big Mac 97 KT, ( Jimmy) has sold to me a classic  .177 HW 77 SFS tuned rifle that`s on it`s way.

That rifle has been tuned by Sandwell Field Sports themselves, so should prove a very good hunting rifle after i put the practice/ training in and get to know her.

The answer to your question Jonny, ( for me), oh yes, it`s worth the wait and the cost. :good:

atb  Mark.

TbT spring guide and tophat fitted. The 77 shoots beautifully now. Just needs me to get more consistent. It is more hold sensitive than the TX when you get dialled in, it's bang on accurate. Maybe TX owners are spoiled because they're more forgiving.