HW77

I had my first go with the HW77 the other day. It hadn't shot a tin of pellets yet and the owner was a newbie who was struggling to zero and asked for help. 

I was intrigued as I've heard lots of good reports and was happy to help out if I could. It took took 5 shots to zero to 2 mil dots at 55m. Next I put 3 shots, pellet on pellet and hit 3 golf balls in a row flush at 50m.

I felt the trigger was a little heavy but released beautifully. Aside from that, I'm massively impressed.

I might be being a bit controversial here but I think it's better than the 97(certainly mine). 

Discuss.

• Like 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took the plunge and went for a HW77.

Any of these two hw,s will out shoot a tx 200 all day long I can remember some one not to far away who would not even contemplate a hw97 or a pro sport  He had the best spring rifle money co

I had my first go with the HW77 the other day. It hadn't shot a tin of pellets yet and the owner was a newbie who was struggling to zero and asked for help.  I was intrigued as I've heard lots of

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

It was easy. That’s the point. That’s how highly I rate it. It shot that well pretty much out of the box.-

Jonny i really wish you were closer mate

my hw 77 sfs tuned is some thing else mate in 177

next to no recoil no noise from the cocking action what so ever just the click at the end of the cycle

and even that is quieter than normal .

Now my hw97 is the same that one is TBT tuned and in 177

i cant say what one is better honest

if you were closer you could have them for a day

and i bet you would come up with the same answer as me

you can not say what one is better

iv had loads of 97,s that many iv lost count honest

only one came close to these two hear and thats the one i got off Vis which he got off JJM (Jeff)

and even that was not as good as the hw77 and the hw97 blue

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,,if your ever up this way northumberland gis a shout and ill treat you to a days shooting at the range and a nights shooting on one of the perms .

I can only comment on what i’ve tried. The 77 I shot was awesome straight out of the box with a forest green laminate sporter stock. On the other hand, I struggle with my 97KT(probably due to the thumbhole stock). That particular 77 was almost as good as my TX which he been fettled a bit(TbT kit with a Titan spring and a Rowan Engineering trigger).

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

I can only comment on what i’ve tried. The 77 I shot was awesome straight out of the box with a forest green laminate sporter stock. On the other hand, I struggle with my 97KT(probably due to the thumbhole stock). That particular 77 was almost as good as my TX which he been fettled a bit(TbT kit with a Titan spring and a Rowan Engineering trigger).

Any of these two hw,s will out shoot a tx 200 all day long

I can remember some one not to far away who would not even contemplate a hw97 or a pro sport 

He had the best spring rifle money could buy

a tx200hc177 then he sent it away to be tuned

and we never heard the last of it .

That was until he took notice of what we were saying and bought a pro sport first then a sfs tuned hw97 off peanoman

and the rest was as they say history .

nothing wrong with a tx200 mind there just not for me iv had 3 or 4 of them

just not my cup of tea thats all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know you’re a big 97 fan but for every one 97 man there is someone who will say the same abou the TX. I love my 99s and the 77 but I can’t say for sure what the issue is with me and the 97. On paper they should be close but I can’t shoot it well.

48 minutes ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

I know you’re a big 97 fan but for every one 97 man there is someone who will say the same abou the TX. I love my 99s and the 77 but I can’t say for sure what the issue is with me and the 97. On paper they should be close but I can’t shoot it well.

Has it been tuned or polished Jonny

if its a kt then you could have the same problem as me .

you can lighten the trigger on it you could be pulling your shots

Peanoman (Simon) told me how to do it

but the stock was part of the problem

put your stock up for swaps its a cheaper way of getting a sporter stock

all ways some one after a kt stock out there .

ps just read back and saw it is a kt sporter stock is the way to go

honest it will transform your 97 into a killing machine

It hasn’t been fettled apart from lightening the trigger. The problem is the grip is so narrow I can’t get my finger on the trigger in the right position consistently so I’m pulling shots. I’ve been looking for a sporter stock but the cost a kidney.

10 hours ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

It hasn’t been fettled apart from lightening the trigger. The problem is the grip is so narrow I can’t get my finger on the trigger in the right position consistently so I’m pulling shots. I’ve been looking for a sporter stock but the cost a kidney.

:thumbs:

Jonny put your kt stock up for swaps some one

will come along

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 02:26, bigmac 97kt said:

Any of these two hw,s will out shoot a tx 200 all day long

I can remember some one not to far away who would not even contemplate a hw97 or a pro sport 

He had the best spring rifle money could buy

a tx200hc177 then he sent it away to be tuned

and we never heard the last of it .

That was until he took notice of what we were saying and bought a pro sport first then a sfs tuned hw97 off peanoman

and the rest was as they say history .

nothing wrong with a tx200 mind there just not for me iv had 3 or 4 of them

just not my cup of tea thats all.

Allow me to tell you this tale from the horses mouth regards the TX 200, Pro Sport and the HW 97 all in .177.

To make a long story short, I was shooting the TX with a little tip here and there from Davy T63 and getting some fine bags, still do.

I went to my local range one evening, one of the lads was shooting a Pro Sport .22, I mentioned a good mate on the THL has been in my ear a while over the PS and may I try a few shots of his rifle.

Well lads, I just could not miss with this rifle and bought one the very same week :whistling: - what a hunting rifle this is - and still is.

So nearly £600 down listening to a certain big fella off here, an offer was put my way regarding a HW 97K .177 Sandwell internals and tuned that Simon, aka Piano Man was not using much.

Simon wanted to see his HW 97 go to a working home. :good:

Both Simon and Jimmy look after their gear very well, I wanted that tuned 97 and new it would be in tip, top order and it was bought.

So, £900 down now listening to Jimmy :yes:                                                                        Twat ! x

Oh yes, bought a really nice scope as well.

The bit you "ALL" want to hear,- which one is the best in my opinion ?

It`s all down to whose behind that trigger on that day, for me.

I`m not being funny lads but there is nothing between any of them other than " your own personal preference" and I just could not release any of them either.

The HW 97K .177 first full hunting session on Wood Pigeon.

IMG_1150.thumb.JPG.f29fb90a3e4e91d72720fc6551b2ed4e.JPG

Glad I listened to you Jimmy, she`s working well Simon.

atb  Mark.

• Thanks 1

Took you long enough mind

hw97ks

Yes it is a cracking rifle and not the best for nothing

its only down side (not for me) is its wait they are a heavy old beast

and thats what puts a lot of lads off it

you cant fault its accuracy with a nice bit of glass on top

and yes some well all most all need tuned out of the box but feck there good real good once done

and as for the wait ,,,fit a strap ,,,works wonders lol

pro sport

What can i say that iv not say,d before

nothing

an out standing rifle balance is perfection (for me any way)

point ability is perfect 

and not to heavy

becomes better with a little polish but is one of the best out of the box

so no need to do it strait away

i wait for the first twang then de,grease polish and re-lube it then

tx200 hunter carbine

You can get some stunning stocks on these in walnut

the bear trap is a pain this can be removed but not recommended (pain in the ass for me)

wait is an issue again with this little rifle 

accuracy is spot on again

very point-able 

all in all three of the best rifles ever made and any one of them will out last our life span on this earth .

cost

hw97ks around £480 new(beach)

AA arms tx 200 hunter carbine around £653 new (walnut)

AA Pro Sport around £685(walnut)

prices have gone up since i bought new lol

much cheaper if bought second hand

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 04:37, Jonnyb6161 said:

I might have one for sale £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££?