Pure air gunning,- Decoying with the HW97 K .177

Well lads, I said stuff work I`m off shooting.

I gave my newly acquired HW97K .177 cal ( purchased from Piano Man, Simon) a run out on the decoying.

I employed my half wheel decoy pattern again, - always works a treat for air gun hunting.

I used the Hawke Endurance with the German type 4 reticule I also bought from Simon for the first time on a serious session.

I`ve loved this scope in practice/ training on the paper and both rifle and scope proved an "outstanding combination" this afternoon.

Practice and training below.

IMG_1123.thumb.JPG.119b94c9cc181530a94999dff75e6f82.JPG

Decoying today.

IMG_1143.thumb.JPG.06068d15cbf3ae2d2c0feb6f789f0422.JPG

My Half Wheel decoy pattern used.

IMG_1148.thumb.JPG.341c88ce8d4c28f5c424fe83139af6cb.JPG

IMG_1149.thumb.JPG.6c671ccc985d5a4a58cea28897725b99.JPG

IMG_1150.thumb.JPG.89911fc668790baeec1decbea418f93d.JPG

A "fly and fold" retrieval from a good 200 yd  when picking up :good:

IMG_1144.thumb.JPG.81a73de7aff50cfacd19f1c86ca89cb8.JPG

atb Mark.

• Like 10

On 19/07/2018 at 21:29, mark williams said:

Well lads, I said stuff work I`m off shooting.

I gave my newly acquired HW97K .177 cal ( purchased from Piano Man, Simon) a run out on the decoying.

I employed my half wheel decoy pattern again, - always works a treat for air gun hunting.

I used the Hawke Endurance with the German type 4 reticule I also bought from Simon for the first time on a serious session.

I`ve loved this scope in practice/ training on the paper and both rifle and scope proved an "outstanding combination" this afternoon.

Practice and training below.

IMG_1123.thumb.JPG.119b94c9cc181530a94999dff75e6f82.JPG

Decoying today.

IMG_1143.thumb.JPG.06068d15cbf3ae2d2c0feb6f789f0422.JPG

My Half Wheel decoy pattern used.

IMG_1148.thumb.JPG.341c88ce8d4c28f5c424fe83139af6cb.JPG

IMG_1149.thumb.JPG.6c671ccc985d5a4a58cea28897725b99.JPG

IMG_1150.thumb.JPG.89911fc668790baeec1decbea418f93d.JPG

A "fly and fold" retrieval from a good 200 yd  when picking up :good:

IMG_1144.thumb.JPG.81a73de7aff50cfacd19f1c86ca89cb8.JPG

atb Mark.

JUST SAW THIS MARK

NICE SESSION MATE AND LIKE U SAYS WITH A PROPER RIFLE

NOW WILL YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IV BEEN SAYING ALL THESE YEARS

ABOUT THE HW97S

ONE HELL OF A RIFLE IN THE RIGHT HANDS AND ONE HELL OF A DAYS SHOOTING MARK

CANT ARGUE WITH THAT MATE

YOU PUT THE TIME IN TO GET TO KNOW THE RIFLE FIRST

WHAT SHE LIKES AND DONT LIKE

HOW SHE SHOOTS

AND ITS PAY,D OFF FOR YOU

WELL DONE MATE WELL DONE

LIKE IV SAY,D ALL ALONG IN THE RIGHT HANDS A 97 IS DEADLY

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P150513_08.28.jpg

P010513_20.01.jpg

P050413_20.46.jpg

P050413_23.34.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does my heart good to see my faithful HW97K is in such excellent hands as with Mark and Kaiser. That rifle deserves to be taken out and put to work. I've shot hundreds of rabbits and pigeons with it, even won a few competitions against PCP rifles with it. It is possibly one of the best HW97 carbines out there.

But the Pro Sport is my go-to rifle of choice now. And that rifle, thanks to Tim/Charlie Caller's expert tuning work, is where that HW97 was with me.

It is a sin to have such an outstanding rifle, left behind in the cabinet, while another takes centre stage all the time. 

I cannot think of a better man for it to go to than Mark here. ..though BigMac Jimmy here would have been the contender, were he in the market for it at the time. 

From what I gather, those Sandwell springs are superb quality and last for many years without loss of power. So you have a very sweet 97k here Mark. 

Hope you will be as proud of it as I was.

.....Now, imagine what my Pro Sport must be like, if a 97' this good, was left behind for it!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, pianoman said:

Does my heart good to see my faithful HW97K is in such excellent hands as with Mark and Kaiser. That rifle deserves to be taken out and put to work. I've shot hundreds of rabbits and pigeons with it, even won a few competitions against PCP rifles with it. It is possibly one of the best HW97 carbines out there.

But the Pro Sport is my go-to rifle of choice now. And that rifle, thanks to Tim/Charlie Caller's expert tuning work, is where that HW97 was with me.

It is a sin to have such an outstanding rifle, left behind in the cabinet, while another takes centre stage all the time. 

I cannot think of a better man for it to go to than Mark here. ..though BigMac Jimmy here would have been the contender, were he in the market for it at the time. 

From what I gather, those Sandwell springs are superb quality and last for many years without loss of power. So you have a very sweet 97k here Mark. 

Hope you will be as proud of it as I was.

.....Now, imagine what my Pro Sport must be like, if a 97' this good, was left behind for it!

Simon if id had the wonga at the time id of been at yours and picked it up and had free bored and lodgings for the week end

and kept the ghosts company lol

But i thought Mark could do with a precision rifle for a change so gave him the heads up on the 97

how you both keeping any way Simon well i hope

love you both to bits mate

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

4 hours ago, NeillNI said:

I'm going to have to look out for one to buy.

Neil you will not regret it mate

if you have not held one or fired one they do take a bit of time to get used to mind

and a tune is a must to bring out the best in them

but what you end up with is one hell of a rifle

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: