FAC Air rifle

Just a quick question I know with rifles it’ll be hard for me to get an open ticket on all my permissions to use, 

however what’s the rules with an FAC air rifle am I more likely to get an open ticket to take anywhere? Or do the same rules apply 

thanks 

compo

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Compo21 said:

Just a quick question I know with rifles it’ll be hard for me to get an open ticket on all my permissions to use, 

however what’s the rules with an FAC air rifle am I more likely to get an open ticket to take anywhere? Or do the same rules apply 

thanks 

compo

Open FAC commonly comes with experience, sometimes easier with FAC air though.   Its down to need and land as well.   There is NO answer to your question only generalisation.

Best talk to your region, but if you think you have a case for Open on All your land with more than FAC Air put your case to them!

23 minutes ago, Deker said:

Open FAC commonly comes with experience, sometimes easier with FAC air though.   Its down to need and land as well.   There is NO answer to your question only generalisation.

Best talk to your region, but if you think you have a case for Open on All your land with more than FAC Air put your case to them!

thank you for the info I’ll look into just trying to decide to go down the FAC air rifle route or a 22 rifle, both have pros and cons I suppose

I’ve been shooting shotguns over 10 years just looking for something different to get in to

I have fac air and rimfires but to be truthfull a .25 fac air will do a fantastic job for you and a range just as good as any .22 rimmy using sub ammo. I think it is unlikely you will get an open ticket to start off with, as Deker has said, it tends to be given after some time has passed and experience gained. I applied for mine recently which was two years after I got my ticket at the same time as I put in for a couple of variations on my ticket.

Ask your firearms officer first but I think you will be very lucky to get an open ticket straight away and there was no issues at all.

Phil

Same here but I had permission all over the shop , it was funny my fao said I've been issued with a pair of wellies and I'm no scared to walk round a farm , I said I put a advert in a farming paper and shoot over three county's good luck got a open certain straight off 

3 minutes ago, The one said:

Same here but I had permission all over the shop , it was funny my fao said I've been issued with a pair of wellies and I'm no scared to walk round a farm , I said I put a advert in a farming paper and shoot over three county's good luck got a open certain straight off 

Do they actually have "closed" tickets in Jockland?

Aye a few mates have had them for there first ticket or they have to be mentored , I was a ranger in the forrestry commission  but never needed my own ticket as the forest manger had one that covered all the Rangers it wasn't till I left I needed my own ticket 

• Like 1