Camping gems

Right then, as in the title and the kids break up from school on Friday I’m looking for a couple of new camping spots. I’ve got a couple I normally go to. One in Staffordshire and one in Hereford. I’m from Birmingham and dont mind travelling within a couple of hours max to get where I’m going. We like campsites where you have to make your own stuff to do. Preferably on the river or a short walk to do a bit of fishing and maybe the kids can play if shallow enough. Toilets and showers needed but not all the nighttime entertainment stuff. I’ll have the dogs, pet staffy but not so friendly and my runner so walks where I’ll be able to stretch there legs close by would be a help. Thanks for any input

A cave ,? Does he have to wear Fred Flintstone type fur clothing ?

What about a month touring the Greek islands on a sailboat ? The staffy would have to stay back home though. Only joking for fun.

Edited by Meece
1 minute ago, Meece said:

What about a month touring the Greek islands on a sailboat ? The staffy would have to stay back home though.

It's something new for the kids mate, to buzz and have an experience. That's what the op is looking for. Plus they can have a fire up there, and generally do whatever the fuuck pleases them ;)

11 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Hollows farm in the lakes, near Keswick ;)

Dog friendly, clean amenities, plenty of walking and swimming on your doorstep, reasonably priced.... plus there's a cave not far that you can all sleep in (best during the week when the young locals ain't there raving lol)

http://www.hollowsfarm.co.uk

Like the look of that one mate I think I’ll try there. Exactly the sort of place I’m looking for. Looks a bit like a place where we go in Herefordshire called byecross farm. Old style camping next to river in an old apple orchid

SW Scotland from the Rhins of Galloway north to Ayr wild camping right along the coastline, sea fishing etc and plenty of open space, caves etc and a few really nice camp sites if you want a change and a pint ?

1 minute ago, mushroom said:

It's something new for the kids mate, to buzz and have an experience. That's what the op is looking for. Plus they can have a fire up there, and generally do whatever the fuuck pleases them ;)

It was the cave bit that made me smile. Usually sombody has done a dump in caves and the like.  I remember going up to the windmills above Bodrum in Turkey and it looked as if all the local lads had been up there, offloaded and thrown all their beer bottles all over the place.

7 minutes ago, Meece said:

What about a month touring the Greek islands on a sailboat ? The staffy would have to stay back home though. Only joking for fun.

8 minutes ago, Meece said:

I’m off to Thailand for 3 weeks in April getting married and I’ve been to Cyprus couple of months ago, not Greece but not far if that’s good enough. Never done much sailing though ?. Still enjoy the countryside and if the weathers good here England’s as good as anywhere if not better 

37 minutes ago, Igz said:

Thanks lads I’ll have a look. No mate not on facebook

It’s ok the link I posted is their website another place is beeches farm it’s inbetween st braviels and chepstow on edge of Forest of Dean stunning views towards tintern and they used to allow camp fires ?

Your right there. Although there are warnings of very heavy thunderous swowers

11 minutes ago, Igz said:

I’m off to Thailand for 3 weeks in April getting married and I’ve been to Cyprus couple of months ago, not Greece but not far if that’s good enough. Never done much sailing though ?. Still enjoy the countryside and if the weathers good here England’s as good as anywhere if not better 

Your right there. Although there are warnings of localised very heavy thunderous showers this weekend

Edited by Meece