Wool jacket damage

Four wool jackets in my wardrobe have marks and one has damaged lining to it.

I have not worn these jackets for a year at least and they have been in the same wardrobe, in a westerly facing bedroom.

The lining from a Swanndri jacket and is a perforated fabric not sure if it is wool, could be fine hessian?

The damage to the lining is significant whereas there is not damage as such to the wool of the jacket.

Further along the rail are 15 cotton shirts and Chinos trousers which have not been touched.

Can someone tell me what the pest is from the pictures and the best control method?

IMG_20180718_171231439.jpg

IMG_20180718_171220896.jpg

IMG_20180718_171145680.jpg

Edited by jackg

Probably clothes moth. Empty the wardrobe and give it a good Hoover . Dry clean the clothes or tumble dry if you can, Hoover the rest of the room thoroughly particularly under bedroom furniture,  spray some fly spray into the room for a few days before you go to work . Check the carpets for damage if it's a high wool content. 

If the damage is more wide spread through the house get a professional in.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. A closer examination of the jackets shows damage to the wool in places.

The white trails and casts leave a trail of damaged wool on the jacket. Moth eaten in other words.

There are a few small holes in the wool.

I have a kilo or so of diatomaceous earth for the floor and under the skirting.

Edited by jackg