First x bull ... preban

3 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Same as anything.It all depends on the quality of the parents that they are bred from and the problem is that most are not bred out of decent quality bulldogs.If a 1st cross is bred out of the right type of bulldog it should be fast enough for the type of work that a bull cross is meant for.Ive seen first crosses do foxes in numbers,catch lamped rabbits as good as any lurcher and even take hares in small/medium-sized fields.

Some of them real bulldogs look like they’d beat a whippet off the start line when they’re in condition!

• Like 4

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Asking if a type of dog is any good after you have chosen it is akin to cumin in a bird and then asking if she's on the pill.  

A lot of the dim c**ts that own bull crosses would struggle to condition their hair.

Same as anything.It all depends on the quality of the parents that they are bred from and the problem is that most are not bred out of decent quality bulldogs.If a 1st cross is bred out of the right t

Posted Images

Mine were good all round. Bit slow but bull crosses can be clever if you hold them back and work on obedience. Only one trick is when their put on to early and turn into crocodiles. Not the best on day time hares but good working edges with terrier's ect during the day. The 3/8 was my favourite cross to have though.

Edited by brock1
  • Like 2

The best bit of fun about is a good bull cross. Id own another one out of tested dogs in a heartbeat. Alot of lads let them get to fat and dont strip them down enough get them right n they alright.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 4
48 minutes ago, C.green said:

The best bit of fun about is a good bull cross. Id own another one out of tested dogs in a heartbeat. Alot of lads let them get to fat and dont strip them down enough get them right n they alright.

A lot of the dim c**ts that own bull crosses would struggle to condition their hair.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9
8 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Theres divy feckers own all xs mate 

As for conditioning yer hair bit gay init

Plenty of gay feckers own some of these 'macho' type poweful dogs. Not just gays though, insecure, egotistical nerks, especially amongst the bull x lurcher enthusiasts. 

It's ok blacky, I'm on way to shed to get spade out in readiness,........... to dig myself out ? .............. ? ?

11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Plenty of gay feckers own some of these 'macho' type poweful dogs. Not just gays though, insecure, egotistical nerks, especially amongst the bull x lurcher enthusiasts. 

It's ok blacky, I'm on way to shed to get spade out in readiness,........... to dig myself out ? .............. ? ?

Well make sure you only need to dig the 1 hole

Honestly furgal egotistical nerks lol

6 minutes ago, Boss-Hog said:

all depends on persons  behind the dogs every half x I've had all took plenty deer single handed and not drove either 

That first old black bitch you had could mop up rabbits for fun too.Even when she was a fossil.But like i said in my first post proper 1st crosses bred from proper bulldogs.

• Like 1

For a good all round lamping mooching lurcher a half cross is a good cross. BUT as downsouth said the bull line must be decent to start with and not just any old greyhound used. All my half crosses were steady with ferrets and all stock including cats unless told otherwise. It’s up to the owner to spot when the dog needs a break though as all mine would run until they dropped . Easy to train eager to please but a bad reputation in a lot of people’s eyes. I run a reverse 5/8 now and he ll retrieve rabbits live to hand and can run for his cross. I only found them lacking the gears on daytime fox when they had to make the ground up, I m talking long slips mind. 

• Like 3

Love the bull crosses had second generation bull cross from Donny 15 year ago not the fastest of dog's but the hardest thing I've ever owned running a Wheaton bull greyhound at mo and he turning out to be a decent animalPhoto0099.thumb.jpg.310e03d980cfe53b68344284e168a36f.jpgPhoto0071(2).thumb.jpg.8f495dbe3f4d39e3f9ef24e7c493be92.jpg

• Like 8