First x bull ... preban

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Asking if a type of dog is any good after you have chosen it is akin to cumin in a bird and then asking if she's on the pill.  

A lot of the dim c**ts that own bull crosses would struggle to condition their hair.

Same as anything.It all depends on the quality of the parents that they are bred from and the problem is that most are not bred out of decent quality bulldogs.If a 1st cross is bred out of the right t

Posted Images

I preferred the 5/8 3/8 3/4 lacked wind imo and couldn't do a real hard night  on teeth most not all but could catch edible as good mutt as any half crosses went  always preferred 2 gen again I found the racy the  better those big bucket headed  28 inch things weren't worth a carrot and couldn't turn lacked pace only any good on  dispatch most of the pie stuff were natural retrievers live to hand on edible 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Themole said:

Thanks for your replys it's a first cross first mating and more so if a Fox bolts handy to have something around to nab him and it's in ireland so all legal before anyone starts ??

I would also look at a Wheaton x as good as a bull x on that job 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

I preferred the 5/8 3/8 3/4 lacked wind imo and couldn't do a real hard night  on teeth most not all but could catch edible as good mutt as any half crosses went  always preferred 2 gen again I found the racy the  better those big bucket headed  28 inch things weren't worth a carrot and couldn't turn lacked pace only any good on  dispatch most of the pie stuff were natural retrievers live to hand on edible 

Spot on. Prefer a 25/26" bull cross over the massiv types. ??

• Like 1
13 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

true the 2nd gen  1x do seem to throw more racy  type x  , and seen few real good dogs over the years, and you get better chance with pit and grey both sides . dont forget   with any 1x , either  pit, collie, beddy, gsd, etc  when x back a grey or lurcher , you never really know which way the pups will throw , ive been lucky  because  both my 1xs  that collie , and gsd   have both threw to there base line , but kept the pace of the greyhound  both fast for 1xs deff .  the best ever 1x i seen was Tug 1x staff x grey  26in   75 lb  fast for what he was  caught fair few in the lamp  foxes , and brill at a dig  , it was seeing him made like bullxs  this was in the 80s , ive said this on here lot of times . if it was me and i wanted 1x  bullx gey   i go for a 2nd gen bred , plus you know as well both parents are doing the job , and ask to see them work , before you buy a pup . deff .

• Like 1

Same as anything.It all depends on the quality of the parents that they are bred from and the problem is that most are not bred out of decent quality bulldogs.If a 1st cross is bred out of the right type of bulldog it should be fast enough for the type of work that a bull cross is meant for.Ive seen first crosses do foxes in numbers,catch lamped rabbits as good as any lurcher and even take hares in small/medium-sized fields.

• Like 8