Government grant to kick off UK spaceport

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah mate, you're right, they'd not thought of that...

Oops typical baggage handlers appear to have lost all the satelights ??

Not sure where the Sutherland spaceport is at with 'proper' rocket launches but tonight the UK launches it's first satellites from Cornwall in a slightly unconventional way... UK

2 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

In all seriousness a great idea if it comes off, sounds a blast. ?

Even greater is the Skylon project which is a UK built space plane to be launched and landed at a Cornish spaceport! The SABRE engine concept is in development but is cutting edge stuff. It'd have a cargo capacity measured in tons rather than kilos.

• Like 1
Just now, Born Hunter said:

Even greater is the Skylon project which is a UK built space plane to be launched and landed at a Cornish spaceport! The SABRE engine concept is in development but is cutting edge stuff. It'd have a cargo capacity measured in tons rather than kilos.

So what's your choice of travel, space rockets or the hyperloop? ?

there was something about it on the news last night.....great I thought ....then the reporter said the government are putting 2 mil in to the project....I sniggered at that point   2 mil nowhere near enough....

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TOMO said:

there was something about it on the news last night.....great I thought ....then the reporter said the government are putting 2 mil in to the project....I sniggered at that point   2 mil nowhere near enough....

Mate, they're just public grants to stimulate private sector investment. The Skylon grant for instance is tiny compared to the around 100M of investment it's already had.

I think Lockheed Martin are going to build and fund most of it. Then the likes of BAE will want to get in on it and suddenly there's market competition.

• Like 1

cheers for hat born.....lets hope it all comes off.....its no good being a luddite ..we have to move forward in technology ect...

you put your name forward yet...

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TOMO said:

cheers for hat born.....lets hope it all comes off.....its no good being a luddite ..we have to move forward in technology ect...

If your supplying people with hats can I have a deerstalker please?

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, TOMO said:

No mate, the nuts and bolts of this sort of stuff is no more exciting than what i do now in truth. Its all f***ing boring, lol. Im more interested in the bigger picture.

• 4 years later...

Not sure where the Sutherland spaceport is at with 'proper' rocket launches but tonight the UK launches it's first satellites from Cornwall in a slightly unconventional way...

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A modified jumbo jet will fly out of Cornwall on a mission to send nine satellites to orbit.

Quite a milestone.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Not sure where the Sutherland spaceport is at with 'proper' rocket launches but tonight the UK launches it's first satellites from Cornwall in a slightly unconventional way...

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A modified jumbo jet will fly out of Cornwall on a mission to send nine satellites to orbit.

Quite a milestone.

Watched that on the news early this morning, Ten satellite's onboard, one doing experiments to create new materials in space.