Anyone fancy a dip in the sea?

1 hour ago, robertb123 said:

Can't understand why we don't have more great white sightings in our waters, the waters not too cold and there's plenty of seals, where's the marine equivalent of Greyman?

Funnily enough there have been great whites in the med for years but as it would be bad for tourism not often acknowledged, I think the first photographed confirmed one was only this year, trouble is thanks to Hollywood we are led to believe they will just swim around the beach,s eating swimmers, were as if the ecosystem they live in is a healthy one, they don't need to swim along the beach with there dorsal fin above the surface looking for kids on lilo,s and can live alongside us without us ever knowing, as they say truth is often stranger than fiction ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant wait to run this through Socks swim at the fishing weekend! 

Theres a documentary called jaws of the Mediterranean,theres at least one great white fatality in the med.  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, mackem said:

Theres a documentary called jaws of the Mediterranean,theres at least one great white fatality in the med.

I bet there have been quite a few more late night pissed up skinny dippers, but unless you find the remains it's easier to put them down as lost presumed drowned, I believe around Pembrokeshire we have lots of sharks and it is the only place in the uk you can see turtles as well 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Funnily enough there have been great whites in the med for years but as it would be bad for tourism not often acknowledged, I think the first photographed confirmed one was only this year, trouble is thanks to Hollywood we are led to believe they will just swim around the beach,s eating swimmers, were as if the ecosystem they live in is a healthy one, they don't need to swim along the beach with there dorsal fin above the surface looking for kids on lilo,s and can live alongside us without us ever knowing, as they say truth is often stranger than fiction ??

Apparently a great white was seen off cornwall once by a south African surfer who recognised it, this was a good few years ago. It's been said that great whites don't particularly like to eat humans, too little fat content, it's just the damage they do when they check us out!

A man was in  boat and he asked the fisherman  if there were sharks in the water "put your finger in the water, what does it taste like?  salty, said the man, well there's sharks in there said the fisherman "

• Like 2

In the 1990's when I was living in HK there was 3 fatal shark attacks in 2 weeks in sai kung,tiger shark though not great white,as my kid always says on the subject of sharks once a human being enters the water they lose their position at the top of the food chain.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

In the 1990's when I was living in HK there was 3 fatal shark attacks in 2 weeks in sai kung,tiger shark though not great white,as my kid always says on the subject of sharks once a human being enters the water they lose their position at the top of the food chain.

You're right there, here's an expert …

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

You're right there, here's an expert …

Nigel marven the british guy in that footage I remember actually swam with a great white with no shark cage,the other guy in that clip can actually say he is now a 100% fully fledged expert on shark attack.

• Haha 1

It's wierd how calm the attack looks, you would expect it to be something like Jaws. The thing looked like it was giving him a play bite but it had bit his fcuking calf off! He had to be resuscitated numerous times on the way to the hospital. The teeth on those things are lethal, i used to own a set of jaws. Their teeth are as sharp as a knife, unreal.

9 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

It's wierd how calm the attack looks, you would expect it to be something like Jaws.

Would have been interesting had the blood triggered a feeding frenzy :ninja:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, mackem said:

Nigel marven the british guy in that footage I remember actually swam with a great white with no shark cage,the other guy in that clip can actually say he is now a 100% fully fledged expert on shark attack.

I think that was a small Bahamian island not to far from Florida    What you get with the Bahamas is the visual side of the shark  . For me  when I’ve been out fishing the Bahamas in the shallow crystal clear water means that just seeing them bulls , tigers , black tips  and lemon sharks sort of triggers a common sense sensation that means i ain’t getting out the boat to go wade fishing lol , the other side of the coin is that the most productive fishing spots will hold sharks  the skinnier the water the smaller the sharks so you sort of judge the depth well that’s the plan anyway obvious if you find yourself wading in 3ft of water you can expect a big    Lad to pay you a visit if you catching a fish or two it’s like ringing the dinner bell they come running your catch down , catching  shark and release is a  fantastic but tiring game good fun but you find yourself burnt out after a couple had plenty sport catching black tip , lemons and reef sharks when it comes to bulls tigers of t heads I find it’s healthier to just leave them alone and stay away from them,  when you faced them in the water it’s simple to calculate who should be left alone 

71365800-5FAE-48B9-B1A0-73A16DC3E84A.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

It's wierd how calm the attack looks, you would expect it to be something like Jaws. The thing looked like it was giving him a play bite but it had bit his fcuking calf off! He had to be resuscitated numerous times on the way to the hospital. The teeth on those things are lethal, i used to own a set of jaws. Their teeth are as sharp as a knife, unreal.

remember seeing that on tv, in slow motion when the shark bites his calf it stretches it out about 6 inches ? also when they lose a tooth, they've got a new one ready to replace it!

1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I was half expecting you to have a bbq an chilli sauce waiting for a shark ,GL ?

Lol dean I have eaten lemon shark cooked by ourselves in red curry and green chilli it really is good gear but prefer catch and release ?