Anyone fancy a dip in the sea?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant wait to run this through Socks swim at the fishing weekend! 

Theres a documentary called jaws of the Mediterranean,theres at least one great white fatality in the med.  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

remember seeing that on tv, in slow motion when the shark bites his calf it stretches it out about 6 inches ? also when they lose a tooth, they've got a new one ready to replace it!

And then you see the calf muscle completely severed from the leg, like i said those teeth are that sharp the shark doesn't need to put in much effort to cause massive amounts of damage.

I’ve been round and fished with plenty of free dive fisherman who have bite marks on different parts of ther body  it’s a whole diff ball game toss bagging around with tanks or cages , can you imagine being 40 50 ft down on the sea bed with a fish or two which is your bread and butter for a living and a bull or tiger switched on in its total sensor mode wanting to take your catch or even a nibble of you as he’s switched on to its fullest feed mode , fk that I say do you give or bolt to surface ? Air not available lol I say it again fk that 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mackem said:

The "Reel Deal" fishing off north devon a week ago caught 20 sharks between 6 anglers in a 24 hour period last week,sharks were blues and porbeagles.

20 blues with a few porgies isn't a big deal on a skark trip

12 minutes ago, mackem said:

Both of my kids are accomplished divers,ones very good,studying marine biology,swam with sharks a few times,threshers and suchlike.

post-1930-0-14316600-1462363702_thumb.jpeg

post-1930-0-07383700-1451308422_thumb.jpg

Nice one Mack a dream job with a wonderful outlook of the blue water ?? I tried diving but my breathing and inbuilt fear I’ve built up over the years while fishing  sends my breathing all over the shop 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Greyman said:

I bet there have been quite a few more late night pissed up skinny dippers, but unless you find the remains it's easier to put them down as lost presumed drowned, I believe around Pembrokeshire we have lots of sharks and it is the only place in the uk you can see turtles as well 

Kind of mate, although the shark fishing trips travel a long way out to the shark fishing grounds (celtic deep) from here, something like 40 odd miles from memory. Seen a basking shark in the harbour at Tenby when I was a kid, yet to see a turtle in my whole 40 years! Seen porpoise and dolphin a few times though. Always heard the tales about 'hammerhead sharks living out behind Caldey Island' growing up, but 'behind Caldey Island' is the open sea, so technically correct I guess! :laugh: :thumbs: