Just heard on the radio about staffys

3 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

I get what you're saying but blame the owner not the dog, you are right though. If a woman had a fight crazy dog and can't control it then she shouldn't be owning it. Most Staffs are all gas anyway but i agree with your point. There's bigger, more dangerous and unstable breeds over here anyway, the AB is one.

It’s definitely a case of blame the owner in 99% of the cases. Let’s be frank here Staffords love to fight they were bred to fight so there going to fight and if someone hasn’t got enough between there ears to to go about handling the situation when it arises shouldn’t own one.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of the mongs walking  them about the place want pts..... ?

A non-story that has been turned into a media frenzy by the usual suspects on Facebook... https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-region/portsmouth/mps-to-debate-banning-staffordshire-bull-terriers-in-t

It was on BBC breakfast this morning but the cause wasn't helped when they had some fella in with his staffy and he was saying how well balanced and loving etc they are then the dog seen itself on a m

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

It’s definitely a case of blame the owner in 99% of the cases. Let’s be frank here Staffords love to fight they were bred to fight so there going to fight and if someone hasn’t got enough between there ears to to go about handling the situation when it arises shouldn’t own one.

Well technically the Staff is a show dog with fighting roots but yes i agree with you, if you can't handle the dog then you shouldn't have one full stop.

3 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

ALL dogs have the potential to be aggressive towards other dogs and/or people, not just Staff's. I would say that if any dog shows any sign of aggression then it should be muzzled. I have encountered lots of dog aggressive dogs and NONE have been muzzled, some were off the lead, and only one of those was a Staff, and I launched that one with a boot to the ribs. My dog has been attacked more than a dozen times in his 3 years and 9 months, mostly from smaller terrier types who all get the order of the boot. Only once did my dog retaliate and that was a bulldog which tried to have his neck. My bloke just grabbed him by the snout, didn't try to rag it at all, and held him like that for the few seconds it took me to get both their collars. When I told him to leave it he let go as I drew them apart. Not a mark on either dog. I might add that my dog had already lowered his back and submitted to the bulldog prior.

I see quite a few Staffs around here and there is only one which is dog aggressive, but the owner is responsible. The dog never used to be dog aggressive until it was attacked by 2 'off lead' German shepherds.

There are some pretty poor dog owners out there and some downright irresponsible ones.

From what I've experienced standard poodles are the worst friend of mine had two when we was younger they were savage things. When I first met my wife her neighbours had a poodle also a horrible dog I'm yet to meet a standard poodle that isn't a twat! So staffs get the bad rep but like it's been said ANY dog can be a asshole 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

From what I've experienced standard poodles are the worst friend of mine had two when we was younger they were savage things. When I first met my wife her neighbours had a poodle also a horrible dog I'm yet to meet a standard poodle that isn't a twat! So staffs get the bad rep but like it's been said ANY dog can be a asshole 

My bloke used to play with a poodle in the local park and they both got on really well, just shows all dogs are different.

445062211_WilfandDotty.jpg.2d115fe46dbca89f50e6b26735593872.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

My 3/4 miniature poodle is a twat if it thinks some ones going to hit me it will nip like a bloody farm collie .

5 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

My 3/4 miniature poodle is a twat if it thinks some ones going to hit me it will nip like a bloody farm collie .

Mother in law used to have a miniature poodle was 17 when pts and that thing was a right ass would bite you if you just walked past it some days lol 

They seem to be over popular nowadays. Loads about so the odds of one or playing up are worse I guess. There is a few in the village. Some scruffy fella walks around with 3 on leads and they are perfectly behaved and look in super nick. Credit to him. Then some other guy walks around with one off lead and it really obedient. I do notice though he carries a break stick which all ways makes me wonder lol.  If any thing my dog is the biggest arse in the village just like his owner :laugh: His a right noob. He brings out the worst in other dogs too ones that are perfect with all other dogs spot him and kick off. He gives off a vibe and not a good one. Lucky that guys off lead staff ignores him 

them bloody bull dogs you got to watch with them cigars. One ran out and grabbed the lurcher by the face once. It had the upper hand for about two seconds then screamed its head off when the lurcher was locked on and took two of us to get him off it. Night mare all because people don't keep them under control. Now my dogs a right ass when he sees a dog coming his way :(

14 minutes ago, terryd said:

them bloody bull dogs you got to watch with them cigars. One ran out and grabbed the lurcher by the face once. It had the upper hand for about two seconds then screamed its head off when the lurcher was locked on and took two of us to get him off it. Night mare all because people don't keep them under control. Now my dogs a right ass when he sees a dog coming his way :(

I'd have shot the Bulldog as well for being such a cur..... ?

1 hour ago, terryd said:

They seem to be over popular nowadays. Loads about so the odds of one or playing up are worse I guess. There is a few in the village. Some scruffy fella walks around with 3 on leads and they are perfectly behaved and look in super nick. Credit to him. Then some other guy walks around with one off lead and it really obedient. I do notice though he carries a break stick which all ways makes me wonder lol.  If any thing my dog is the biggest arse in the village just like his owner :laugh: His a right noob. He brings out the worst in other dogs too ones that are perfect with all other dogs spot him and kick off. He gives off a vibe and not a good one. Lucky that guys off lead staff ignores him 

A break stick would have come in handy in some of the situations my dogs have been in, would have got them separated quicker!

Why do you have to watch bulldogs with cigars? :hmm:spose they could give your dog a nasty burn!

as our yank friends put it

pit 000 18341982_650854988448604_67373162925898747_n.jpg

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

No ? but it’s had the missus when we were messing around in the kitchen .

that's a green light to do what you want, if you get on the missus nerves you've got protection! Not too good for your love life if the missus fancies grabbing you! :shok: