Just heard on the radio about staffys

I inherited a staffy a few years back, a couple broke up and neither of them could keep it so my mrs said we would have it!

I already had a springer so as long as they got on it wouldn't be a problem... they brought it to the house and after a five min standoff I said fcuk it and took them out for a walk, they got on fine!

we only kept it for about six months because it wrecked the house when you left it on its own and it wasn't even on its own cos of the other dog... but it pulled the angle beads out of the plaster and fcuked all the furniture and would sh1t all over:censored:

but besides that it was possibly one of the gentlest dogs ive ever known, it was around my young kids all the time and never caused a problem around other dogs walking either!

pity it was such an attention hore...

the original owner re homed him to a stay at home dd who would be able to dedicate more time as me n mrs both worked!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of the mongs walking  them about the place want pts..... ?

A non-story that has been turned into a media frenzy by the usual suspects on Facebook... https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-region/portsmouth/mps-to-debate-banning-staffordshire-bull-terriers-in-t

It was on BBC breakfast this morning but the cause wasn't helped when they had some fella in with his staffy and he was saying how well balanced and loving etc they are then the dog seen itself on a m

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What a ridiculous statememt that last sentence is. 

So you don’t think a 70 year old woman having a staffy as a companion dog is a bit silly ? What happens when it attacks another dog.im fairly sure if she had some fluffy little lap dog that scared of its own shadow she’d have less stress than if she had a staffy that wanted to tear chunks out of anything that moved.a bull breed in the wrong hands is just the same as a gun in the wrong hands it can cause a lot of damage.

12 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

So you don’t think a 70 year old woman having a staffy as a companion dog is a bit silly ?

Wouldn't it depend on the woman as well as the breed and temperament of the dog? A 4lb lap dog will make a right f*ck*ng mess of anyone if it snaps 6 inches from your face and they do.

I get what you're saying but any dog is a liability in the wrong hands. The more powerful the breed the higher up the scale it gets. Imagine the standards if you could get the peddlers out of the equation. I think it's a bit of a stretch to vilify a breed without looking into those who are handling the breed.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, downsouth said:

Youve been lucky with the presa then.I love bullbreed/mastiff types and have spent a fair bit of time working with various crosses but wouldnt trust one of them rank dominant c**ts as far as i could throw it.I know of way too many bad situations that have happened with them fuckers even with serious dogmen/trainers that know their stuff although the males do seem to be a lot worse.

See that , 

thats knowledge right there 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Meece said:

If there is a problem it will rise to the surface at some stage. Wife and I  we're out with the spaniel around the orchards,  through the trees I  saw 4 young girls so I  put the spaniel on the lead because she tends to bark at strangers. Suddenly this staffy appeared and charged us like a rocket. Spaniel and me got bowled over and staffy started on spaniel.  Wife got nipped on hand. I got back onto my feet and staffy received 4 full throttle free kicks to ribs with boots. Staffy lay down panting. We were so surprised by the attack we didn't question the girls about who what where. We just wanted to gain space before it kicked off again. If I  had been armed I  would 100% have shot it out of hand. Contacted plod about it and they recorded incident and said if I  found out details to let them know and that I would have been within  my right to do what was necessary to stop the attack. No one wants this to happen but if this attack had been on a woman or child out with their dog the results could have been very serious and very expensive. Luckily my dog didn't sustain injury but there could have been some heafty vets bills which I  would have passed on to my insurance to collect from the owner of the attacking dog.  Not a  nice experience ! 

Lol 

Your lucky to have escaped with your life according to some on here  ???

I’d be greatly disappointed in any regulation of Staffies 

Anuthing that hinders the summer sport of “Staffie coursing “ should be fought off with all our might . 

One of the best things about owning a powerful lamping dog is seeing the smug smile wiped off the face of “Tyson “ or “max” owner as his stiff  legged bravado filled dog suddenly realises that the 27 ins running dog with missing teeth doesn’t fancy his nose being snapped at and uses the overweight brindle article in the same manner it does with other biting creatures (pre ban obviously) 

“get it on a lead” should be the sbt owners club motto 

7 hours ago, Elchapo said:

So you don’t think a 70 year old woman having a staffy as a companion dog is a bit silly ? What happens when it attacks another dog.im fairly sure if she had some fluffy little lap dog that scared of its own shadow she’d have less stress than if she had a staffy that wanted to tear chunks out of anything that moved.a bull breed in the wrong hands is just the same as a gun in the wrong hands it can cause a lot of damage.

I get what you're saying but blame the owner not the dog, you are right though. If a woman had a fight crazy dog and can't control it then she shouldn't be owning it. Most Staffs are all gas anyway but i agree with your point. There's bigger, more dangerous and unstable breeds over here anyway, the AB is one.

The harness does serve a very useful and practical purpose. Coupled with one of those seat belt clasps it is about the safest way to transport a dog, any dog, in a car. You don't really want a dog mooching about loose in the car for obvious reasons, and it is safer to clip to a harness than to a collar in the event of collision or sharp braking you could snap the dog's neck using a collar. I had mine hand made by aecollars, plain black thick hide with heavy gauge solid brass buckles and loops (think it was about £65), an excellent bit of kit. Had a plain black thick hide collar made at the same time. Would highly recommend them.

I've trained my staffy to come to me when theres another dog around. That and being very diligent, she will not allow another dog to show any dominence over her and i dont trust other dogs that i don't know.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Thats like me saying theres no need for any rifle above a 12ft lb air rifle as when things go wrong with a firearm the consequences are too severe

Not really no as I said don’t see the need for them as companion dogs when there are less aggressive breeds about that could fill the roll and not have to worry bout them attacking someone else’s dog.you can’t kill a deer with a 12lb air rifle unless your planing on beating it to death with it there for people are going to need a hire caliber rifle ..