Just heard on the radio about staffys

It was on BBC breakfast this morning but the cause wasn't helped when they had some fella in with his staffy and he was saying how well balanced and loving etc they are then the dog seen itself on a monitor and started growling lol .......  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of the mongs walking  them about the place want pts..... ?

A non-story that has been turned into a media frenzy by the usual suspects on Facebook... https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-region/portsmouth/mps-to-debate-banning-staffordshire-bull-terriers-in-t

It was on BBC breakfast this morning but the cause wasn't helped when they had some fella in with his staffy and he was saying how well balanced and loving etc they are then the dog seen itself on a m

Posted Images

If there is a problem it will rise to the surface at some stage. Wife and I  we're out with the spaniel around the orchards,  through the trees I  saw 4 young girls so I  put the spaniel on the lead because she tends to bark at strangers. Suddenly this staffy appeared and charged us like a rocket. Spaniel and me got bowled over and staffy started on spaniel.  Wife got nipped on hand. I got back onto my feet and staffy received 4 full throttle free kicks to ribs with boots. Staffy lay down panting. We were so surprised by the attack we didn't question the girls about who what where. We just wanted to gain space before it kicked off again. If I  had been armed I  would 100% have shot it out of hand. Contacted plod about it and they recorded incident and said if I  found out details to let them know and that I would have been within  my right to do what was necessary to stop the attack. No one wants this to happen but if this attack had been on a woman or child out with their dog the results could have been very serious and very expensive. Luckily my dog didn't sustain injury but there could have been some heafty vets bills which I  would have passed on to my insurance to collect from the owner of the attacking dog.  Not a  nice experience ! 

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Youve been lucky with the presa then.I love bullbreed/mastiff types and have spent a fair bit of time working with various crosses but wouldnt trust one of them rank dominant c**ts as far as i could throw it.I know of way too many bad situations that have happened with them fuckers even with serious dogmen/trainers that know their stuff although the males do seem to be a lot worse.

Had a bitch presa, lovely dog about the place,100% with any dog that didn't try it on?but different animal when you locked the doors and went to bed at night, she served the purpose i needed her for at the time. Went when my first one was born,she was always sound around my young nephews and nieces ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Meece said:

If there is a problem it will rise to the surface at some stage. Wife and I  we're out with the spaniel around the orchards,  through the trees I  saw 4 young girls so I  put the spaniel on the lead because she tends to bark at strangers. Suddenly this staffy appeared and charged us like a rocket. Spaniel and me got bowled over and staffy started on spaniel.  Wife got nipped on hand. I got back onto my feet and staffy received 4 full throttle free kicks to ribs with boots. Staffy lay down panting. We were so surprised by the attack we didn't question the girls about who what where. We just wanted to gain space before it kicked off again. If I  had been armed I  would 100% have shot it out of hand. Contacted plod about it and they recorded incident and said if I  found out details to let them know and that I would have been within  my right to do what was necessary to stop the attack. No one wants this to happen but if this attack had been on a woman or child out with their dog the results could have been very serious and very expensive. Luckily my dog didn't sustain injury but there could have been some heafty vets bills which I  would have passed on to my insurance to collect from the owner of the attacking dog.  Not a  nice experience ! 

Sorry your wife got nipped, but I learnt the hard way about separating dogs as a kid, nowadays I assess the situation first before grabbing hold of the dog, i'd rather the dog took a bite than me It does amaze me that people with powerful dogs have no idea how to control them or what to do   when it does kick off

1 hour ago, Meece said:

Actually don’t think you would of been within your rights to shoot a dog attacking your dog while young girls are around on an orchard .i agree bull breeds can be a problem and 99% of the public shouldn’t be aloud to keep them but I know a mate of mine had his dog shot by a farmer and farmer lost his licence even tho the lad was on the farmers land .the law sometimes works in weird ways .dont really see the need for staffy as pets or companions anymore where there are a lot more dogs  of less aggressive breeds out there that would fill the roll of companions

• Confused 1
9 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

Sorry your wife got nipped, but I learnt the hard way about separating dogs as a kid, nowadays I assess the situation first before grabbing hold of the dog, i'd rather the dog took a bite than me It does amaze me that people with powerful dogs have no idea how to control them or what to do   when it does kick off

spot on mate , try never to panic  that the trick. ive said on here lots of times  that other dogs have tried to attack Buck , he dont want to fight other dogs he moves off from , had labs , collies and a staff  , try it on him, feck knows why , but he just knocks them from off him, he big powerful dog though . But fookin Bryn fight bloody things , a staff had go at him, and Bryn got it in the head, he real fast with his mouth , even at his age now, he still pile into them . ok dont get me wrong a staff or a  apbt  would kill him, but  you get few collies and colliexs  that will mix it  with strange dogs, and yet daft Buck would kill a fox solo where old Bryn  wouldnt      dogs are strange animals  . i love bull breeds and staffs and pits   like people, ok not other dogs , but it in there genes . hope staffs  never get banned ,like apbts   were  both great breeds if brought up and trained  proper .

• Like 1

Had to separate my old bullx off a husky I wasn't putting my hands in so I just double foot flew through the air and got him off then the lady said it was harsh but he had her dog pinned to the floor by it's neck he wasn't fighting it he was trying to kill it so fast action was needed it done the trick and both dogs were fine. It was her husky who started it and I told her to keep better control over it a week later it killed someone's dog and got pts but with the right owner that would have never had happened. People pick on bull breeds alot I've never met a nasty one. Friend of mine had one sandy colour lovely dog it was I saw a Chihuahua go at it and his staff was gone didn't want to know but to look at you would think it could pull a truck the muscle on it was unreal for a staff. 

3 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Had to separate my old bullx off a husky I wasn't putting my hands in so I just double foot flew through the air and got him off then the lady said it was harsh but he had her dog pinned to the floor by it's neck he wasn't fighting it he was trying to kill it so fast action was needed it done the trick and both dogs were fine. It was her husky who started it and I told her to keep better control over it a week later it killed someone's dog and got pts but with the right owner that would have never had happened. People pick on bull breeds alot I've never met a nasty one. Friend of mine had one sandy colour lovely dog it was I saw a Chihuahua go at it and his staff was gone didn't want to know but to look at you would think it could pull a truck the muscle on it was unreal for a staff. 

It's always harder when the other owner hasn't a clue. I've had to separate dogs then shout at the owner to grab their mutt, even when separated you could see some of the owners were scared to grab their dog

Mum's got a Boxer/Staffy cross - it's the size of a Boxer but looks like a pure Staffy.

It's as soft as shit and daft as a brush.

Because I used to play fight with it as a puppy, the lump sees me as play time now - it rips me to bits with its dew claws and, it feckin head butts me ?

But, it's always been gentle and protective with all the grandkids  :thumbs:

• Like 1
11 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

b*****d things ? probably worse chewer ever had ,

exhibt A new kitchen set

F2B5C4C3-532E-45E1-A6AA-CA9854B81340.jpeg

C853E304-009D-4D4B-AFE3-4D35E4AF5FA9.jpeg

E3C91AD5-2F38-4F51-A237-AD09EC42B6EC.jpeg

Thankfully this bull x bitch hasn't had a go at the furniture here but she has destroyed tea towels & clothing she pulls  off the line in seconds ? & pretty much any toy I got her in about 30 seconds ..  until I got her a coconut ... she has had it a week & its f***ing her off as she knows there's something in it? she has got a waggon tyre as well she loves it 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

Yes, teatowels - they seem to love teatowels :laugh:

Its first thing in the morning when she acts up.... so before I can even attempt to walk her I have to get some of that manic energy burnt off..?... usually by 10 am she is starting to settle down for an hour or so... she is a lot better than she was to be honest ... carrying this tyre about is draining her energy physically & trying to get into the coconut is mental stimulation for her so she is a lot easier to manage out on walks ... she dont get let off when i take her so i pick my times .. tbh i dont think she would benefit from running wild as you know there the sort of dogs that  have no off switch & you have to calm things down yourself by stopping the '' game'' thats near impossible in a field with no corner to grab her?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Kay said:

Thankfully this bull x bitch hasn't had a go at the furniture here but she has destroyed tea towels & clothing she pulls  off the line in seconds ? & pretty much any toy I got her in about 30 seconds ..  until I got her a coconut ... she has had it a week & its f***ing her off as she knows there's something in it? she has got a waggon tyre as well she loves it 

Worse thing is it sleeps with me ,it’s only in the kitchen when I’m out so couple hours at the most ?