Just heard on the radio about staffys

So listening to the radio on the way to work and the "goverment" want to put Staffordshire bull terriers on the dangerous dogs list long with pitbulls ect I think this is madness!! I am a strong believer in it's the owners not the dogs yes there will be some dogs out there that do have issues but normally those issues are made from a previous owner. What's your opinion? 

• Like 4

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of the mongs walking  them about the place want pts..... ?

A non-story that has been turned into a media frenzy by the usual suspects on Facebook... https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-region/portsmouth/mps-to-debate-banning-staffordshire-bull-terriers-in-t

It was on BBC breakfast this morning but the cause wasn't helped when they had some fella in with his staffy and he was saying how well balanced and loving etc they are then the dog seen itself on a m

Posted Images

I've never been concerned about a bull breed biting me. But they are a f***ing liability with other folks dogs. They don't go through the same stages of signalling aggression that most dogs do and couple that with the tools to do a lot of harm quickly I find them a pain in the f***ing arse.

Equally, I doubt it'd be enforced in the slightest which makes discussing the issue moot.

• Like 1

A non-story that has been turned into a media frenzy by the usual suspects on Facebook...

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-region/portsmouth/mps-to-debate-banning-staffordshire-bull-terriers-in-the-uk-1-8569122

In the government's official response to the petition from July 5 it said: ‘The Government has no intention of prohibiting the keeping of Staffordshire Bull Terriers.’ 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, BGD said:

A non-story that has been turned into a media frenzy by the usual suspects on Facebook...

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-region/portsmouth/mps-to-debate-banning-staffordshire-bull-terriers-in-the-uk-1-8569122

In the government's official response to the petition from July 5 it said: ‘The Government has no intention of prohibiting the keeping of Staffordshire Bull Terriers.’ 

Well that's sorted this thread out ?

1 minute ago, Saltmoon said:

Well that's sorted this thread out ?

Had my poor old Ma on the phone to me in a panic yesterday about it, the post she had seen made it sound like they had already put forward legislation banning them!

Always had a stafford about when we was growing up.... Never had a problem with dog aggression or humans... We got an ebt.... f***ing thing bit my youngest brother on the face..... Met his maker... Had pits before they were banned no problem and a presa bitch(best out of them all?).

21 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Always had a stafford about when we was growing up.... Never had a problem with dog aggression or humans... We got an ebt.... f***ing thing bit my youngest brother on the face..... Met his maker... Had pits before they were banned no problem and a presa bitch(best out of them all?).

Youve been lucky with the presa then.I love bullbreed/mastiff types and have spent a fair bit of time working with various crosses but wouldnt trust one of them rank dominant c**ts as far as i could throw it.I know of way too many bad situations that have happened with them fuckers even with serious dogmen/trainers that know their stuff although the males do seem to be a lot worse.

• Like 1

My old bullx was bad with most other dogs also alot of people aswell but nothing ever happened I walked him really early before anyone else was about and really late after everyone or if go way out on the moors he wasn't on the lead much and still never got anyone. Had a few dogs nothing bad though luckily. One dog he was on the lead and I was asking the other person to get there dog back but they just said he's alright with my response mine ain't so feckin get it away!! To late by that point but once I fully understood the dog it never happened again. 

• Like 2