Wet behind the ears

2 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

If your traveling try and get to know the fella first before you set off if there decent they will keep you up dated on how the pups are. I drove 4.5 hours up to poxon to pick up my pup never met him before but he was continuously giving me up dates and answered all my questions I had pics sent of sire dam and pups and I wasn't disappointed. Also got stuck in traffic most the way back on the m5 took around 6 hours to get back but all well worth the trip and met a  genuine nice fella aswell ?

Usually I'd have done my research etc or known the dogs.but the old chaps recommendation was good enough for me known him since I was a kid seen his dogs work and had a lot of advice off him over the years just guess where both just out of the loop nowadays.with not having a dog for 5/6 years and a lot of lads I used to know either given up or have bull x''s which have never been my thing.hope your pup works out well for you and I'm sure it will.atb

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a sad old tale fellah... We all learn from our mistakes,..its part of life... My advice to you would be, take a deep breath, get your enthusiasm back on track, then,..get back on the

He's just going 13 he's wanted us to get 1 for a while but he's had to prove himself 1st that hes going to be responsable which he has done been getting up before school to walk the dog(family pet) co

All 3 of my children have their 'own' dogs

Posted Images

On 16/07/2018 at 17:01, vin said:

if you're not bothered about a pup etc..theres a lass on here called Michaela who has a nice young beddy/collie grey type young sapling for sale...she's a genuine decent lass..I would imagine the dog to be spot on if its anything like her ferrets.. the dog looks well and I'm sure would do the job if it doesn't already.

Why she getting shot, they both looked tidy dogs, and I know she's a good sort who loves and treats her animals good, surprised to hear this.

14 minutes ago, two crows said:

not trying to pick faults, but with all the talk of using proven dogs as studs of late, how old and how experienced is wippy.

I doubt very much rippie has seen anything age unknown and having anything off hancock is probably the same with all his dogs.for me it was just a case of getting a collie grey and 5/8 3/8 never hear of anyone else doing them.I've had a couple of dogs off him turned out well for me so was willing to take another chance.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rabid said:

Why she getting shot, they both looked tidy dogs, and I know she's a good sort who loves and treats her animals good, surprised to hear this.

Not Sure buddy... Dog's gone to a good home now anyway.

On 16/07/2018 at 16:22, Councilestatekid said:

So I'm feeling slightly wet behind the ears.yesterday I had a 9hr round trip to go get a pup.the other day I was talking to a old fella about lurcher's and wanting a new pup again.he gave one of his old buddy's a call to see if he was still in the game which he wasn't but as luck would have it(or so i thought)his son had just had a litter of wheaten greyx3/4 grey collie.which I thought sounded perfect for me.so a quick call to his lad and I could have the pick of the dog pups as a favour to the old chap.so off I went yesterday to go get the pup.once I got there they was dog s##t everywhere with the I haven't had chance to do the pens yet. the dam the wheaten cross looked like a shitzu x a leggy jack Russel not in good condition the sire looked weedy and was 18month old.the pups looked small and weedy.I can't belive I made such a rookie mistake and with a 9hr drive to top it off please feel free to take the piss ????

Sounds like they would be some nice little dogs if everything had been done properly.  I am trying a little bit of Wheaton blood myself, got a little dog here just turned a year old last week. Hopefully you can get what your after, there’s sure to be a lad or two reading this that may be able to sort you out. Don’t let that experience put you off traveling for a dog. 

• Like 1