Wet behind the ears

So I'm feeling slightly wet behind the ears.yesterday I had a 9hr round trip to go get a pup.the other day I was talking to a old fella about lurcher's and wanting a new pup again.he gave one of his old buddy's a call to see if he was still in the game which he wasn't but as luck would have it(or so i thought)his son had just had a litter of wheaten greyx3/4 grey collie.which I thought sounded perfect for me.so a quick call to his lad and I could have the pick of the dog pups as a favour to the old chap.so off I went yesterday to go get the pup.once I got there they was dog s##t everywhere with the I haven't had chance to do the pens yet. the dam the wheaten cross looked like a shitzu x a leggy jack Russel not in good condition the sire looked weedy and was 18month old.the pups looked small and weedy.I can't belive I made such a rookie mistake and with a 9hr drive to top it off please feel free to take the piss ????

• Haha 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is a sad old tale fellah... We all learn from our mistakes,..its part of life... My advice to you would be, take a deep breath, get your enthusiasm back on track, then,..get back on the

He's just going 13 he's wanted us to get 1 for a while but he's had to prove himself 1st that hes going to be responsable which he has done been getting up before school to walk the dog(family pet) co

All 3 of my children have their 'own' dogs

Posted Images

if you're not bothered about a pup etc..theres a lass on here called Michaela who has a nice young beddy/collie grey type young sapling for sale...she's a genuine decent lass..I would imagine the dog to be spot on if its anything like her ferrets.. the dog looks well and I'm sure would do the job if it doesn't already.

22 minutes ago, vin said:

if you're not bothered about a pup etc..theres a lass on here called Michaela who has a nice young beddy/collie grey type young sapling for sale...she's a genuine decent lass..I would imagine the dog to be spot on if its anything like her ferrets.. the dog looks well and I'm sure would do the job if it doesn't already.

Cheers vin but I'm after a pup and a dog would prefer a rough coated one.always had my dogs from a pup like to get that bond and to do things my own way.I'm not in a real rush just want the right dog been half looking for a few years.I'm considering at the moment getting a 5/8 3/8 collie grey off that man you can't really mention on here????

• Like 2

Gutted pal least you had a nice long drive to think of such school boy errors!! if it makes you feel any better the dog used at stud wouldn’t be far off the age some of these real dog men (or at least that’s what they give the impression and tell everyone  on here) would use. The breeding sounds a bit hunting life as well mate made up to peddle on bet they were tested dogs bred to keep a pup back for there selfs lol...I won’t piss take ya fella but it’s a hard lesson learned hopefully someone decent sees your post an hooks you up something decent bred An correctly reared  I used to look at some of these fb groups of all the pups bred An reared it was funny you could alway secretly tell when one of these clowns were planning a litter as all there mates would come on talk shit of how great the dog is talk about it being the best thing since sliced bred then they’d ask what they should put it to then another mate would pipe up saying he had a amazing dog to breed with it then there would be a litter drop out the breeding the amount of times I’ve seen this unfold is unbelievable half the time there that dim they don’t have a clue how to rear a litter correctly all I used to see is poorly reared pups that looked shit with watery eyes An looked full of worms with there dew claws. Bottom line don’t get tucked up pal buy the best except the best to be the best

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, poxon said:

Gutted pal least you had a nice long drive to think of such school boy errors!! if it makes you feel any better the dog used at stud wouldn’t be far off the age some of these real dog men (or at least that’s what they give the impression and tell everyone  on here) would use. The breeding sounds a bit hunting life as well mate made up to peddle on bet they were tested dogs bred to keep a pup back for there selfs lol...I won’t piss take ya fella but it’s a hard lesson learned hopefully someone decent sees your post an hooks you up something decent bred An correctly reared  I used to look at some of these fb groups of all the pups bred An reared it was funny you could alway secretly tell when one of these clowns were planning a litter as all there mates would come on talk shit of how great the dog is talk about it being the best thing since sliced bred then they’d ask what they should put it to then another mate would pipe up saying he had a amazing dog to breed with it then there would be a litter drop out the breeding the amount of times I’ve seen this unfold is unbelievable half the time there that dim they don’t have a clue how to rear a litter correctly all I used to see is poorly reared pups that looked shit with watery eyes An looked full of worms with there dew claws. Bottom line don’t get tucked up pal buy the best except the best to be the best

Cheers pal by all accounts his father had a nice line of collie grays many years ago and the wheaton x thing I think would be to help sell pups I still know a few lads and been offered a few pups but straight bull xs arnt my thing really.also most lads I knew have gotten out of the game.that's part of the reason I'm looking a bit harder now for 1 the fields are full of work.like I say I'm in no rush so I'll get a little holiday booked in the start having a serious look about

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

I spoke to the old chap who put me onto them and he said the lads father who he rang in the 1st place was a good dogman couldn't belive I didn't get a pup.but it's like he says the lads probably living off his dad's rep and knocking litters out for money.

If his old was a decent dog man he wouldn't have allowed the state of the pups lessin learned good luck with your next choice 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Cheers vin but I'm after a pup and a dog would prefer a rough coated one.always had my dogs from a pup like to get that bond and to do things my own way.I'm not in a real rush just want the right dog been half looking for a few years.I'm considering at the moment getting a 5/8 3/8 collie grey off that man you can't really mention on here????

Theres was a bitch pup left out of the litter i had mine from..... Some  prick messed my pal around for weeks ?she went on saturday?‍♂️sure i saw ad on here for some smart pups by runem? Atb with your search fella?

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

It happens mien heir i think i would of had to tell the breeder about hisen

They would have been some stronger words said but had my lad with me and he was gutted be his 1st dog that we'll do together he used to come out and do a bit of ferreting but was a bit young to go lamping etc.think were decided to go the route of a 5/8 3/8 collie grey now