Squirrel feed

Had a fair few over the last couple of months or so, and All I use is whole Maize (£8 /25kg), a few peanuts (expensive) and 8 or 9 drops of Aniseed Oil. Just make sure there is a lid on the Hopper as Jays have a tendency to pick out the Peanuts

Someone more knowledgeable than me can correct me if they know different but someone told me they see the colour yellow the best . When I first started trapping I used to sprinkle the maize around and he told me it's better to leave it in a little lump. They're more likely to see it and come searching.  

Now if that is correct I was thinking of getting some thin ply and painting it bright yellow and putting it by the front of the trap with a little maize on . Hoping that they see the big blob on yellow and come looking . Maybe on a feeder a nice dollop of yellow paint splodge might entice them down quicker and in more numbers to see what's there 

Or if it's all bollocks I've been told then just peanut butter ,maize and peanuts are what I try bring them in with traps

14 minutes ago, Metalman2 said:

https://ibb.co/d4aueJ
https://ibb.co/dJAueJ

The difference a bit of tin makes

I'm liking the look of that feeder, but see what you mean about damage.

I need to be building myself some this year as I've got a few places to clear up, but been thinking I would build them from metal as I do like to shoot them while on the feeder.

As for bait, I use peanuts, and wheat, never tried maize but may have to give that a go.