• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had an early walk out for the last two days now , it’s one of them tasks that can become fruitless on the other hand just when you think there’s nothing down for ya you spot something that’s makes it

Things you find beachcombing ! I’m lucky to find a stone with a hole in , you turn up and find fish , a full English cooking on bbq ( when the fella gets back from his swim he’s going to be mighty pis

Greedy little whippet waiting for the boat to come in ?

Posted Images

I know that beach, have fished that area a lot.

was always partial to aldeburgh, some good deep water marks up at the aerials.

damn your food looks good, glad I wasn't eating when Sussex posted, I would have spat it all over the iPad 

ps, gurnard is very nice eating if a bit bony.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, terryd said:

I enjoy my grub and cooking so your threads do it for me the pics are amazing. Every thing looks delicious 

Cheers mate I try simplify my cooking  sometimes I cross the globe with flavour  add a few home grown bits and serve it up ?

12 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I know that beach, have fished that area a lot.

was always partial to aldeburgh, some good deep water marks up at the aerials.

damn your food looks good, glad I wasn't eating when Sussex posted, I would have spat it all over the iPad 

ps, gurnard is very nice eating if a bit bony.

That was a top post by Sussex ? I been searching out food on the Suffolk coast near 40 yrs. fish or meat it’s got some tidy spots 

On 14/07/2018 at 17:19, green lurchers said:

End of day shot  ? Great way to finish up after the slog of beachcombing ?

01365ED2-13C1-447B-A756-EBF664DE78A9.jpeg

EAE3FD3E-A4A9-42CE-A3A6-958908B4B893.jpeg

E80BE5A7-3C60-4617-BDD4-3BDF1981E7D4.jpeg

I fish on river loads but we set off from Orford quay and go down towards the island,last week me,the misses and youngest lad headed up stream as such and motored up to those boats.A few bass in that river as well and have had a few out of it this summer on lures,all went back as the law says we have to do this year...?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

All the ideas and flavours a button away , whenever I want to try a new dish  I just click on the net mind I do like aving a look thru the river cottage rick stein books , been watching a few Canadian French chefs on Netflix fkn amazing ?

River cottage was a scam ? though he did get more people on allotments etc 

we got a few rick stein books  here from his around the world episodes.

I sort of went off old hugh fernley when I popped in one of his cafes and had a poached egg on toast for about 300 quid and all his books on the shelf were astronomical prices.

He was better back in the beginning rattling around in that old land rover eating razor fish

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

You the butcher?

No.he has a couple of photos in a slaughterhouse in his meat book and i was in about 3 of his programmes.also jimmys farm,that food programme with jimmy,another bloke and a blonde tart,grand designs and another but forgot.

9 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

No.he has a couple of photos in a slaughterhouse in his meat book and i was in about 3 of his programmes.also jimmys farm,that food programme with jimmy,another bloke and a blonde tart,grand designs and another but forgot.

I remember jimmys farm on tv he was friends with that twat Jamie Oliver .who bank rolled it.?

2 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I remember jimmys farm on tv he was friends with that twat Jamie Oliver .who bank rolled it.?

They are twats they kept me at work an hour longer but h.f.w is alright.i agree with him on factory farming.

• Like 1
On 18/07/2018 at 13:08, green lurchers said:

Depends who and how you cook it I like to curry them  with hot chillies Rick stein and plenty other top chefs serve it , and the price per kilo has risen and they fetch good money ????????

I love gurnard..... your favourite method of cooking them is a favourite of mine, straight out of the sea and onto a Barbie...bit of lemon and you're done 

• Like 1