Right place right time ....

Had a pal ring to say he’s seen a mink around his fishing lake , it’s only a  small place and he keeps it beautiful only half a dozen swims really secluded and mainly for friends and family . He had a problem a few years ago with mink and they caused him a lot of problems , killed the ducks on the ponds , all his fancy chicken and we’re going through the fish at a rate of knots , his wife was anti kill them until she lost her chicken by which time they had become a prop nuisance..This time it was get at them ASAP , so I went round mainly to drop of some cage traps , two cups of coffee and a natter I was just leaving when his wife come down and said it’s on the landing stage ...55m from the bedroom window with the rim fire ..

26216FC9-A89E-45B4-A710-375C65C7D04A.thumb.jpeg.76f9f5da080c4a05d2e98e5d86415d54.jpegEdited to say it’s in the freezer incase Rob58 has need of one ..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

When I was a lad I used to go match fishing , I used to get dropped off and picked up by my mates dad or my mum . We used to carry on fishing after the match . One day a mink came along and I threw him a dead bleak floating in my keep net . It snaffled it up and came back a few minutes later and I repeated the process. I thought if it comes back again I’ll have him . I set up my pike gear with snap tackle and sure enough it came back and I cast another bleak then , wham I struck into it , my pal came over and knocked it on the head . It was a Birmingham anglers stretch of the Severn and a bailiff came along to check our permits , he asked us what we’d caught and I said “oh a few skimmer bream , some roach a couple of eels .....a mink !!! His jaw dropped open ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Orrible things ,back in the day when the animal wrongs loons released 1000,s from a farm in Staffordshire it devastated our fishing areas for years .Bleddy idiots killed so much wildlife by their stupidity 

I was talking to someone recently and they reckon because otters are making a comeback they have moved the mink off . The guy used to go out with mink hounds and kill half a dozen every meet . So few around now that they’ve packed up . 

2 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Orrible things ,back in the day when the animal wrongs loons released 1000,s from a farm in Staffordshire it devastated our fishing areas for years .Bleddy idiots killed so much wildlife by their stupidity 

That was right by me ! Ijits.