Permission North East

I've only been on this site a few days so I feel a bit cheeky to just appear and start asking, but does anybody have any permission in the north east for ferreting? The places I usually go to are friends of friends and the shifts im working at the minute means the stars have to align for me to go with them. The only permission i have for myself is a golf course which will be great for taking my kits when they are old enough as the sets only have 2 or 3 holes in the hedgerow, but my older hob needs a decent place to have a run about and a golfy just isnt good enough. Especially when I leave as the first golfers appear. I often go up to wooler and hexham but as i say its as and when i can go with my mates. Any help would be appreciated and from what ive seen so far on the site, everyone seems keen to offer advice.

Cheers

For the last few years I have had to travel up to the Scottish borders and further to have any sort of decent days with the ferrets but seen a few young bunnies around lately so they maybe coming back .As often advised on this forum its better to ask farmers by knocking on doors but do it after the harvest as they will be to busy .Or have a look at fields with horses and see if they have rabbits cos the horsey folk don't like bunnies tripping up dobbin .Good luck in what ever you try.  

• Like 1

I just went 3 hours  + hours to pick up a jill kit today and to get get a good days ferreting i will go 2 hours plus . i had a mate after i took him out a day on my ground knock every door on the way up and way down and he got some nice ground but your going to have to travel knock on doors mate nobody's going to hand you ground posting on here 

45 minutes ago, The one said:

I just went 3 hours  + hours to pick up a jill kit today and to get get a good days ferreting i will go 2 hours plus . i had a mate after i took him out a day on my ground knock every door on the way up and way down and he got some nice ground but your going to have to travel knock on doors mate nobody's going to hand you ground posting on here 

Ill get me best salesmans pitch on then haha cheers everyone

• 3 months later...