Hide pole repair

The other week I had my hide set up on a pea field for four or five days so I could just pop down for a couple of hours shooting. Unfortunately we had some pretty violent wind which made a mess of the hide or more to the point, hide poles, damaging the pole points. Two were missing and two which had been repaired before using fishing rod rests were buggered.

My first thought was to buy some Jack Pike poles which look pretty good but at £50 for four poles, not cheap, then I saw some replacement pole bottoms on ebay. Both my pal and I bought a set of four at £15 per set, fitted and painted them, bloody superb and very tough. So if you have some knackered hide poles, take a closer look at these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIGEON-HIDE-POLES-UPGRADE-KIT-UK-MADE-DECOYS-MAGNET-SHOOTING-HUNTING-CAMO-NET/352387415508?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Phil

• Like 1

My pal used one of the screw poles from his fishing brolly and then pushes the hide poles in the holes already made. I have one Si for my brolly, just never think to take it but I am happy with these new pole bases.

You need to get that FAC Si, two bunnies tonight with the Impact at 91mt and 117mt, both outright kills within a few seconds of each other. I do need to confess however that I missed two more at less than 35mt..........................what a tit.

Phil

• Like 2
6 hours ago, philpot said:

My pal used one of the screw poles from his fishing brolly and then pushes the hide poles in the holes already made. I have one Si for my brolly, just never think to take it but I am happy with these new pole bases.

You need to get that FAC Si, two bunnies tonight with the Impact at 91mt and 117mt, both outright kills within a few seconds of each other. I do need to confess however that I missed two more at less than 35mt..........................what a tit.

Phil

got it Phil:thumbs: put an order in just waiting for it now!

thats my trick feckin up the easy shots:laugh: nice going with the stretchers