First bunny

Well got the hw100 back tuesday after a reg rebuild and service, took it to the perm this evening, got my sightmarks sorted out and spent the last hour before dark and the rain came walking around and managed this one, the only one I seen so 1 nil to me...... 

DSC_0246.JPG

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, big napper said:

Nice one phil, whats the scope mate, (looks good)

Also looks mounted a very long way back, most scopes around 3-4" (70-100mm) eye relief, allowning for that it looks like the cheek will hardly be on the stock!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Deker said:

Also looks mounted a very long way back, most scopes around 3-4" (70-100mm) eye relief, allowning for that it looks like the cheek will hardly be on the stock!

It’s a viper... massive field of view and there’s next to no eye relief needed!

good scope for daytime but I couldn’t get on with it at night on the lamp. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, si brown said:

That explains that then! :thumbs:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, si brown said:

It's a nightmare when the weather turns a bit cold as your breath can mist the lens up (not funny), field of view is amazing even on 10X...nighttime I use the nitesite rtek viper, but not loving it as the watching the screen is strange to get use to.... Thinking of getting rid and either the yukon rt or atn, not sure yet... But the viper will probably go on the r10... 

1 hour ago, Deker said:

Mtc viper connect, very very little eye relief fitted with a nifty little custom sidewheel.. 

1 hour ago, Deker said:

Mtc viper connect, next to no eye relief...

3 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Mtc viper connect, very very little eye relief fitted with a nifty little custom sidewheel.. 

Yep, si brown mentioned that above, learnt something today! :thumbs:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Phill-W68 said:

It's a nightmare when the weather turns a bit cold as your breath can mist the lens up (not funny), field of view is amazing even on 10X...nighttime I use the nitesite rtek viper, but not loving it as the watching the screen is strange to get use to.... Thinking of getting rid and either the yukon rt or atn, not sure yet... But the viper will probably go on the r10... 

See if you can borrow an rt first, I use one and like it but some don’t!

horses for corses... there mint for rat bashing round farm yards?

Jonjon on here’s just bought an atn, he’ll do a post when he’s given it a test drive. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, si brown said:

See if you can borrow an rt first, I use one and like it but some don’t!

horses for corses... there mint for rat bashing round farm yards?

Jonjon on here’s just bought an atn, he’ll do a post when he’s given it a test drive. 

Will look forward to that... Thanks si ?. Only got the one small perm and its bunnies only apart from the odd tree-rat, but no barns as such on the perm so never seen a rat tbh...

Edited by Phill-W68