I'm on the look out for a terrier for my son to flush rabbits out of cover for his young lurcher don't mind something that hasn't made the grade in other work don't want anything really short legged because where we live you need a terrier up on the leg any help appreciated based in CornwallCornwall

Edited by claude
Spelling

Have you thought about a cross bred mate? Maybe terrier cross spaniel. Straight terriers can be a pain in the arse if you got a lot of big fox or badger places on your permission. You and your son may have a few headaches on your hands

• Like 1

Yeah I don't mind a terrier X tbh night walker as there's a lot of badgers in the area I live in dont want him getting into trouble

• Like 1

Not fancy a spaniel ? Get a pup and your lad can allways take it beating or picking up. 

Edited by C.green

Good on you for getting your son outdoing abit, too many kids stuck in on the Xbox missing out on so much fun 

atb with your search 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Night Walker said:

Have you thought about a cross bred mate? Maybe terrier cross spaniel. Straight terriers can be a pain in the arse if you got a lot of big fox or badger places on your permission. You and your son may have a few headaches on your hands

I went for a spaniel cross terrier for this reason! I know there’s no guarantee that any dog won’t go to ground. So far so good. For bushing he does a good job. 

CE71EB79-797F-45E3-9697-7D83084D59BA.jpeg

• Like 8

That's a beauty mate white van man.W katchum I considered that but unfortunately I can't pay the sort of money for a pup at present due to recovering from a serious op

3 minutes ago, claude said:

That's a beauty mate white van man.W katchum I considered that but unfortunately I can't pay the sort of money for a pup at present due to recovering from a serious op

Some prices are crazy mate ahaha 😂 I was as lucky tho, my lad was gifted his😀 still some good guys left around😉

• Like 3

Yeah prices for all dogs are crazy I suppose not like it was years ago though 

Put my 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddie over my pure beddie bitch. Should make handy little ferreting, bushing and mooching dogs. Both dog and bitch are excellent workers. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Atb Adam 

20180614_174755.jpg

• Like 16

3 hours ago, white van man said:

I went for a spaniel cross terrier for this reason! I know there’s no guarantee that any dog won’t go to ground. So far so good. For bushing he does a good job. 

CE71EB79-797F-45E3-9697-7D83084D59BA.jpeg

What a smart little dog,spaniel colour terrier shape.

29 minutes ago, Str said:

What a smart little dog,spaniel colour terrier shape.

He’s the odd one in the litter. The rest have rough Coates and are more spaniel like. He suits me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, claude said:

Sometimes you are just in the right place at the right time and you meet a genuine dog man who doesn’t charge the world for a decent pup. 

• Like 2