PLASTIC FERRET BOX'S

had mine 7-8 years so far and it's as good as the day I bought it.

They do get sweaty, but if you put a few more holes in the top and even the lid they are fine....... they don't stink like those pissy old wooden boxes and they are easy to hose clean inside and out.

They cost more than wood obviously. 

If I was starting out again and funds were low I would just buy a good strong well made wooden one. but I've had a few of the wooden ones in the past and they were so thin the ferrets chewed there way out. 

1 hour ago, vin said:

had mine 7-8 years so far and it's as good as the day I bought it.

They do get sweaty, but if you put a few more holes in the top and even the lid they are fine....... they don't stink like those pissy old wooden boxes and they are easy to hose clean inside and out.

They cost more than wood obviously. 

If I was starting out again and funds were low I would just buy a good strong well made wooden one. but I've had a few of the wooden ones in the past and they were so thin the ferrets chewed there way out. 

What happens when it rains with he's in the top.of the box 

i have two wooden ones already 1 is a cobbled together heap of shit  x3 bow back whats a fekkin ton weight the other is a single box made by someone who took pride in his work 6mm gauge wood, varnished the lot and its light as a feather i just cant find who made it so the moral of the story is who makes good LIGHT boxes??

59 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

What happens when it rains with he's in the top.of the box 

It cools them down from being sweaty...lol.

Drill smaller holes on the top and I can honestly say I haven't had a problem...they're not in the box long enough to get wet matey.

oh and Tomo won't go ferreting in the rain..he doesn't like getting his hair wet. 

20 hours ago, japs eye said:

i have two wooden ones already 1 is a cobbled together heap of shit  x3 bow back whats a fekkin ton weight the other is a single box made by someone who took pride in his work 6mm gauge wood, varnished the lot and its light as a feather i just cant find who made it so the moral of the story is who makes good LIGHT boxes??

yeh I got a small single box here thin ply but strong well made....I get two good sized hobs in it..they curl up....its a good send as its so light

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

yeh I got a small single box here thin ply but strong well made....I get two good sized hobs in it..they curl up....its a good send as its so light

a light box makes alot of difference when you got lug about all ya other swag aswell i think.

14 hours ago, TOMO said:

any ideas where i can get one