Be Proud, we came 3rd, best result in years.

I have never liked the abuse of language - the players and the team are mediocre or they would have won. As for heroes, spitfire pilots aged 19/20/21 come to mind but there are no heroes in football its just self interest and desire for a big payday. Pathetic nonsense.

• Like 8

Saturday will show how much spirit and determination England have, unfortunately I expect us to play like a bunch or girlies and just roll over suffering the final indignity of being 4th!

• Like 1

England, home of Football....Population 53,000,000

Croatia population 4,000,000 (the entire country is half Londons population)

Belgium population 11,000.000

So how does that work then?

13 minutes ago, WILF said:

India 97 zillion......so what? 

?????????????????????

I thought it was quite obvious, we have 13x the population of Croatia and therefore we have 13x the people to find the best footballers from. We are a footballing nation, India isn't!

6 minutes ago, Deker said:

?????????????????????

I thought it was quite obvious, we have 13x the population of Croatia and therefore we have 13x the people to find the best footballers from. We are a footballing nation, India isn't!

Don’t really work like that mate, depends on the standard of the development system, the standard of grass roots coaches, the coaching system at clubs, the fitness programmes at clubs, the scouting system etc etc 

there is also an element of luck.....it’s just down to chance that the likes of Modric, Pirlo, Messi etc etc etc get born in the country they do.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Population counts for nothing. Scotland doesnt have a massive population but were home to a massive club biggest most successful club in the world. 

Hibs? Lol