12 hours ago, shepp said:

They were bred by Collie John who had the mother which was the 3/4 reversed. But I don’t think he will mind me telling you that she was a bit of a special dog, very racy, like nothing I have seen before. They didn’t lack speed,  probably faster that most 1st crosses.

Sadly my one died during an operation a few weeks back, she reacted badly to the anaesthetic, never had a sick day in her life and was really fit and healthy. My wife, mum and nephews were in pieces, she was a very good and protective dog, would’t take her eye off my nephews when out with them. Sadly missed.

Sorry to hear that Andy had her litter sister Gwen put to sleep last October due to cancer have her son Dan in my kennels he's the last of the old lines still going.Regards Collie John

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 reversed x 1st cross, Typp Ratcher lines, litter mates.

Hi,..can't locate any first cross images at the moment,...but these Collie infused youngsters are fairly typical of lurchers that are a mix of Whippet, greyhound, and herder. Banjo Jak

past and present, cheers Neil b 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

Sorry to hear that Andy had her litter sister Gwen put to sleep last October due to cancer have her son Dan in my kennels he's the last of the old lines still going.Regards Collie John

Hi John, sad to hear, their mum didn’t make old age either, as a mid sized healthy cross breed I was expecting her to well out live my bedlington? But I guess a bad reaction to anaesthetic is quite a random thing on her part.

She had a good life here, bonded with my mum from a pup so I was always second, but great  family dog. If I live somewhere a bit rural I may get another collie grey  one day, a lot of dog in a fifteen kg package.

Edited by shepp

Adding working whippet blood ta a collie xs changes them dramatically, the odd collie xs greys come along that don't start ta show the bad traits the collie xs grey seem to manifest .whippet blood puts fire in em plus levels the demeanour of the jukel out sensible natural type jukel keep yas collie xs greys seen them on utube would not feed them trash birds Bryn ten times the jukel Phil loyd had tons a collie xs greys where are they now he prefers the whippet xs not just fa the smaller size but they can do everything in a ferreting jukel has the grey xs plus more ,if needed the collie grey f1 his just a feeble start fa making a good jukel these reverse types a straight mallinois would suffice better with loads more drive and stamina ,natural animal.the collie xs grey his there fa those that refuse to believe they only a humble coney catcher ,truth his most of em won't take the work load when offered in large amounts,those new beginners coming along don't get drawn in to the shite some waffle on about collie xs greys they need other blood drive less cowardly jukels in there straight xs the negatives have to be seen not just the positives  ate bill

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, billhardy said:

Adding working whippet blood ta a collie xs changes them dramatically, the odd collie xs greys come along that don't start ta show the bad traits the collie xs grey seem to manifest .whippet blood puts fire in em plus levels the demeanour of the jukel out sensible natural type jukel keep yas collie xs greys seen them on utube would not feed them trash birds Bryn ten times the jukel Phil loyd had tons a collie xs greys where are they now he prefers the whippet xs not just fa the smaller size but they can do everything in a ferreting jukel has the grey xs plus more ,if needed the collie grey f1 his just a feeble start fa making a good jukel these reverse types a straight mallinois would suffice better with loads more drive and stamina ,natural animal.the collie xs grey his there fa those that refuse to believe they only a humble coney catcher ,truth his most of em won't take the work load when offered in large amounts,those new beginners coming along don't get drawn in to the shite some waffle on about collie xs greys they need other blood drive less cowardly jukels in there straight xs the negatives have to be seen not just the positives  ate bill

Funny old outburst bill  ??so what dogs should we all be running now then bill?what x do you keep?

5 minutes ago, poxon said:

Funny old outburst bill  ??so what dogs should we all be running now then bill?what x do you keep?

Something with gsd and/or whippet, would be my guess ?. Have to say mind, I agree with him in some ways. Most of the better lurchers I've ever seen had whippet blood in them, especially some of the grey/collie/whippet types ?

• Like 1
Just now, shaaark said:

Something with gsd and/or whippet, would be my guess ?. Have to say mind, I agree with him in some ways. Most of the better lurchers I've ever seen had whippet blood in them, especially some of the grey/collie/whippet types ?

I agree with him as well to a degree but just more surprised at the outburst tbh 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Lol must be this weather lol ?

Must be or he’s got a few ciders down him ? to start naming people an grading there dogs over the internet I love a self proclaimed expert gives me a warm fuzzy feeling in side that I’m in the presence of Lurcher royalty ??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
58 minutes ago, poxon said:

Must be or he’s got a few ciders down him ? to start naming people an grading there dogs over the internet I love a self proclaimed expert gives me a warm fuzzy feeling in side that I’m in the presence of Lurcher royalty ??? 

There's an old saying- a lion doesn't need to tell  others he's a lion. ?

• Like 8
On 25 July 2018 at 19:04, poxon said:

Pox on no ciders here fella no one been named gist ya self some knowledge those ain't Phil loads jukels on utube has you well know also phoil loydeys profile name his just that his own name he chooses that .he knows has fa the analogy of lions well that's da dreamers that believe such garbage do not try to twist words in to something that's not being said yas sounding like a sensitive collie xs Phil loud well knows the score he just chooses to keep whippet xes now not overweight sheep dogs.atb bil