Gerrin um ready

Right then what does everyone do when do you start and how long for 

And no old pony about running 50 mile a day wi um or biking from lands end to johno groats every morning cos ill know if your telling whoppers as im well clever

• Haha 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've been in a heatwave for a few weeks and it's been warm for maybe 5 weeks. Feck me and you are talking about getting a lurcher fit ? 11th of July ? The dogs panting walking around t

Little swim and a stretch today 

Posted Images

As some one who just potters around after few rabbits I don't worry too much. Just work him slowly fit. Handy full of runs on the lamp  and build up as weather gets better. His well exercised any way. Plus give him a week or two into the season and he will have come a cropper anyway and be laid up for a month if previous years are any thing to go by 

Edited by terryd
3 minutes ago, terryd said:

As some one who just potters around after few rabbits I don't worry too much. Just work him slowly fit. Handy full of runs on the lamp  and build up as weather gets better. His well exercised any way. Plus give him a week or two into the season and he will have come a cropper anyway and be laid up for a month if previous years are any thing to go by 

Cheers terry i tried not bothering once and was plauged wi problems and 1 year dint bother road walking but were otherwise fit and got alot of foot swelling ect plus the ground i go on is pretty rough nonone else really bothers wi it but there is plenty on it including bont out renualt cleos lol

2 minutes ago, C.green said:

Dont do much really apart from up food. Bit of walking and runs here and there and just build it up. If the dogs got it its got it.

Fair enough dya reckon if you took your dog s out now they be fit enough 

You know if it wernt bollicking hot and concrete like

7 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Cheers terry i tried not bothering once and was plauged wi problems and 1 year dint bother road walking but were otherwise fit and got alot of foot swelling ect plus the ground i go on is pretty rough nonone else really bothers wi it but there is plenty on it including bont out renualt cleos lol

Fair enough dya reckon if you took your dog s out now they be fit enough 

You know if it wernt bollicking hot and concrete like

They wouldnt be peak fitness but id be disapointed if they didnt stop a few. You can trot jog swim free run a dog all you like the only thing that gets a dog properly fit is plenty of hunting and plenty of rest.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, C.green said:

They wouldnt be peak fitness but id be disapointed if they didnt stop a few. You can trot jog swim free run a dog all you like the only thing that gets a dog properly fit is plenty of hunting and plenty of rest.

Yeah your right but i reckon jag of tarmac does strength the feet and wrists abit might be coincedence

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Nothing different just take them out and get on with see them tire stop and build it up and hope it's injury free 

So you would take them out ferreting staight off but just do a bit then bit more next time and so on

Need to clear inbox btw ?

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

So you would take them out ferreting staight off but just do a bit then bit more next time and so on

Need to clear inbox btw ?

Dogs are reasonable fit all year round mostly mooching and ferreting I do no long runs 

• Like 1

I think not getting my big bitch fit enough last season to run properly is the reason she’s a cripple today with no carrier ...i shall not be making that mistake again with any future dog I run properly fit from now on then bring them in to peak getting them behind gear 

previously before I turned in to a lazy git last year I’d step my mooching an free running game up biking free running biking road trotting more food added to the diet 

I try just little jogs maybe a mile or so then the bike maybe the same at atrot just a couple off times a week and play about with the ball. I try and up the bike alittle further as the seasons approaching but nowt too far or to fast , change there diet according to exercise

• Like 1