my hunting setup 2018/2019 pic heavy

18 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Fly over here

stop at mine i dont give a fck

just keep me going in beer and we can go hunting, you will be an observer cough cough

On my way.....................?

• Like 1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just been down to check the cam which i cant remember when it was last checked. threw done a salt/mineral lick block and bag of grain. what i am after to see is the bigger bucks antlers in v

Ok one photo is of a bear baiting stand. The bones are from the meat off cuts that is used for bait   the second photo is of fresh wolf tracks. A pack of wolves used a logging road, two

Things just went crazy   ok sat here all day again from 10am hawfrost all over the place,rolling fog. hunkered up again in the blind. nothing until 3.40pm i seen a deer.poke t

Posted Images

Just now, W. Katchum said:

When’s the flight ?

Anytime you like,but I am out of the country for a while,as soon as at least one of my kids is settled in Canada then I can seriously see myself making the move,I have been getting earache from my lady to move there for the last ten years,visit twice a year and it's an incredible country,I was there five weeks back and watched loads of guys in Cabela's stocking up on gear,guns,and ammo,my missuslooked at me and said "you could be one of them" she knows my Achilles heel.I will pop over one day Ted,would love to actually.

• Like 1

You both are welcome anytime at my house. My missus doesn’t care

got plenty of meat

just bring quavers,pork scratchings and percy pigs

@katchum didnt shoot any yotes past 2 yrs as my truck fckd up

year before around 10 but its a thrill calling the buggers in

@mackem bring something interesting or use katchum as a mule lol

bring ya onsie its fckn cold

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, mackem said:

Anytime you like,but I am out of the country for a while,as soon as at least one of my kids is settled in Canada then I can seriously see myself making the move,I have been getting earache from my lady to move there for the last ten years,visit twice a year and it's an incredible country,I was there five weeks back and watched loads of guys in Cabela's stocking up on gear,guns,and ammo,my missuslooked at me and said "you could be one of them" she knows my Achilles heel.I will pop over one day Ted,would love to actually.

My eldest girl is living in Canada I wish I could afford to move out there to live ......

• Like 1

just butchered up the deer and pig.

loads of fat on the deer to be fair,nice size buck.filleted out the backstraps

separated the legs muscles out for roasts.

one shoulder was battered from the shot, so cut around and trimmed off both shoulders.16lbs of meat just

dropped off at the butchers for some honey garlic beer sticks.

wild boar.......well the 308 wasnt kind on it.both shoulders just fckd lol

back legs were just over my hand size so kept them whole,filleted out the back straps also.

just waiting now for a coyote trapper to head over to collect all the carcasses for his bait site.

my mate is just out now waiting on the deer.the heavy beamed 4 pointer which i was hoping to plug

didnt quite leave the tree line so mate couldnt get a clean shot.he still has 30mins left of shooting time as i type.

he has til tomorrow to nail the fckr

i think its cocktail time now

• Like 1
7 hours ago, socks said:

My eldest girl is living in Canada I wish I could afford to move out there to live ......

It's not so expensive mate,I saw a house and 80'ish acres for sale when I was there in October for under £200k sterling,it was in Ontario though and I think your daughter is in BC?

1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

@mackem here is a big mulie buck my mate seen this morning on the side of the road.

i think we are going to put in for a draw tag next year and hopefully get drawn

74324BBA-CEA1-40E3-B1F8-E8B75EDAC981.jpeg

Very nice pic,pity you couldn't buy tags over the counter,be lucky.

• Like 2

the landowner went back down yesterday and a spiker came out just as he went to shoot it and shot rang out

in the next field,deer did one.then just does n fawns came to the bait.

he didnt get his deer

boss went up into the forestry,didnt see a damn thing all day.

On 02/12/2018 at 01:05, mackem said:

It's not so expensive mate,I saw a house and 80'ish acres for sale when I was there in October for under £200k sterling,it was in Ontario though and I think your daughter is in BC?

She is in Edmonton Alberta and funnily enough her future father in law owns an estate agent ... the thing is what the hell would I do for work ... the only thing I’m qualified in is killing things .....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, socks said:

She is in Edmonton Alberta and funnily enough her future father in law owns an estate agent ... the thing is what the hell would I do for work ... the only thing I’m qualified in is killing things .....

Have you thought about a obituary columnist for a newspaper ? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Since the pigs have been decimating the deer feed at one bait spot i have changed it around.

just strapped a plastic 45 gallon drum to a tree. Only on the front facing side there is 5/6 holes drilled 1 1/4 inches in diameter 

this allows the grain to flow a bit out so the deer can feed and those damn pesky pigs cant rock up and eat it all in one go.

i also put a lid over the hole i cut to prevent elk/moose getting their heads stuck in the barrel.

i will get pics when i head down next.

• Like 3

So really hungover after last nughts works xmas party

wifey pecking me head about xmas tree so we took a trip down close to were i hunt and there is an old yard spot that is full of xmas trees.

pulled chopped one down then nipped down to the butchers to pick up the honey garlic smoked deer beer sticks.

these are delicious 

i was intending to check me cams but not feeling the love today.

maybe i will tomorrow 

5AE8BC89-D7DF-4118-9E7F-C022FF458D00.jpeg

A1F121E3-3733-4794-9286-5F194059BCDE.jpeg

0E9313E0-8132-4F66-AD34-00AF3C1452E4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...