my hunting setup 2018/2019 pic heavy

Getting me stuff organised for yotes

two rifles i use

bolt action rem 700 in 223 with meopta 4-12x50

or my fave HK SL8 in 5.56 with a meopta 3-12x50

caller is a wildfire foxpro wired to an external TOA speaker. This is loud very loud lol. Main call used is cottontail in distress and female yote howl.Also an orange ruffi dawg mouth call, these also work a treat

got a simple white cammo suit and white balaclava as yotes sure can be very smart.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just been down to check the cam which i cant remember when it was last checked. threw done a salt/mineral lick block and bag of grain. what i am after to see is the bigger bucks antlers in v

Ok one photo is of a bear baiting stand. The bones are from the meat off cuts that is used for bait   the second photo is of fresh wolf tracks. A pack of wolves used a logging road, two

Things just went crazy   ok sat here all day again from 10am hawfrost all over the place,rolling fog. hunkered up again in the blind. nothing until 3.40pm i seen a deer.poke t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ted Newgent said:

i dont personally skin them out

but i know a  man who does.

do you want one??

i could post it to you,postage could be a killer thou

Depends on the price I guess but yeah. Look nice next to my Tahr skin. It'll just bug me a bit that it wasn't me that harvested it. :laugh:

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Depends on the price I guess but yeah. Look nice next to my Tahr skin. It'll just bug me a bit that it wasn't me that harvested it. :laugh:

ok

i will look into it for you.

obviously dont shoot it with a 50 cal but then that would make shipping cheaper lol

i know when they have been skinned and stretched the pelts are hard and stiff like.the trappers dont normally tan the hides.

if i can get a mate to tan the hide,it will make things easier to post

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

125 CAD is approx 70 sheets

postage probably around 20 sheets ish

DAD28087-2207-49B3-A89E-A7EA2D9B8ADD.png

6F64BD5D-309D-46C4-9A8F-663BAE89F641.png

Edited by Ted Newgent
15 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

125 CAD is approx 70 sheets

postage probably around 20 sheets ish

DAD28087-2207-49B3-A89E-A7EA2D9B8ADD.png

6F64BD5D-309D-46C4-9A8F-663BAE89F641.png

About a hundred quid sounds like a deal to me mate! :good: 

No rush. Quite happy to have it tanned in it's 'tube skinned' state too (rather than cut down the belly and opened up. It can be ornamentally hung by the nose like in a trappers cabin then.

• Like 3

I think you can easily get away with a coyote skin you didn’t take yourself, but maybe not typical edible stuff........ if that makes any sense?

Mounts & antlers etc are very trendy these days & I have flirted with the idea of getting some for the house, but it never felt right putting up some vintage trophy I couldn’t lay claim to....

I do like the idea of a coyote skin though. When I was a kid my dad used to take me round a butcher/gamekeers house that we did fox control for & he had a timber wolf skin on the floor infront of the fire & it always really fascinated me ?

1 hour ago, Accip74 said:

I do like the idea of a coyote skin though. When I was a kid my dad used to take me round a butcher/gamekeers house that we did fox control for & he had a timber wolf skin on the floor infront of the fire & it always really fascinated me ?

I find wolf hunting quite fascinating. A wolf skin rug throw for the bed would be epic!

Take a certain rare kind of female to accept that in the bedroom though. :laugh:

• Like 2