my hunting setup 2018/2019 pic heavy

3 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

I have tried to explain this to all my canadian hunting buddies. Told them we didnt have bag limits or tags or none of this BS laws with night hunting and wearing fckn orange.

they dont get it. They cant even wrap their heads around our laws.

its good here that there is places anyone can hunt but only the one animal per tag.

the fishing here is excellent, license is 30 dollars and if you see water you can fish it but again catch n release or bag limits.

i tried to explain if the elk problem was back in the UK the landowner would get them all culled, that you cant do here.

the reason why is because the government makes that much cash from hunters buying draw applications and buying tags. Plus Americans heading here to hunt and paying serous cash to do so. My mate charges 6000 USD for ONE whitetail deer buck.

hunting here is a cash cow

there is a lake north of me called Tobin Lake. Premier fishing. Barbless hooks and you can only keep certain size fish to eat. The fishing competition for the biggest walleye and pike draws fishermen from all over North America. 1st prize 100,000 CAD

big big big money here for hunting and fishing

i wish i could tell you more.......    

I can understand why there is such strict laws and small bag limits, especially when the country is making such a large amount of money from hunting. 

Also I can understand the frustration of such a small bag limits for the hunter. 

Congratulations on your elk, bet your a happy man lol.

Roughly what weight was it, and how much meat do you think you will get off it.

Atb j 

• Like 1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just been down to check the cam which i cant remember when it was last checked. threw done a salt/mineral lick block and bag of grain. what i am after to see is the bigger bucks antlers in v

Ok one photo is of a bear baiting stand. The bones are from the meat off cuts that is used for bait   the second photo is of fresh wolf tracks. A pack of wolves used a logging road, two

Things just went crazy   ok sat here all day again from 10am hawfrost all over the place,rolling fog. hunkered up again in the blind. nothing until 3.40pm i seen a deer.poke t

Posted Images

6 hours ago, jetro said:

I can understand why there is such strict laws and small bag limits, especially when the country is making such a large amount of money from hunting. 

Also I can understand the frustration of such a small bag limits for the hunter. 

Congratulations on your elk, bet your a happy man lol.

Roughly what weight was it, and how much meat do you think you will get off it.

Atb j 

i am thinking she is 300lb atleast

maybe 180lb of meat or touch more. she defo aint no full grown 500lber.

back straps cut into steaks

tenderloins whole

back legs will be roasts

both front shoulders and any other off cuts are going to be sausage  like last year

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I don’t eat a lot game, never have, but would that taste better than a big 500lb fcuker? Well in tho pal, makes me measly 21 rabbits seem like table scraps compared to that feast ?

looking at her hanging i think she will taste just like an adult cow.

the meat is already a dark red.

its not like the moose calf from last year which was like veal cause that one wasnt a year old

37 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i am thinking she is 300lb atleast

maybe 180lb of meat or touch more. she defo aint no full grown 500lber.

back straps cut into steaks

tenderloins whole

back legs will be roasts

both front shoulders and any other off cuts are going to be sausage  like last year

That's very good, over half her weight in meat, not much waste. 

The stakes, tenderloins and roasts,  ect, sounds delicious. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jetro said:

Are you allowed to use or buy tags of others, friends or family members, or just what's given  to you..

Atb j

nope

your name is on the license,thats the person who has to shoot them *****cough cough cough******

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

nope

your name is on the license,thats the person who has to shoot them *****cough cough cough******

Are you going to bag a few pigs as well for the freezer.

Atb j 

• Like 1

Got a fair bit butchered up

just the two back legs to do. Temperature in my garage has been perfect just around 3c until late this afternoon were we peaked at 12c. Wedged  both legs in my beer fridge. Still room for me 24 tins.

bagged up 4 nice thick backstrap steaks and a tenderloin for the farmer. Will give him a leg roast and smoked sausage. Got approx 30lb of trim for the butcher to make the sausage.

so me being me decided to have a dig around the neck to see if the bullet was lodge in there. Fck no. Small entrance hole left side of neck but the bullet completely destroyed the neck vertebrae, literally smashed to bits and exit hole in the fur about a thumb nail.

i love head/neck shots as they do the biz. This type of despatch is somewhat frowned upon over here but i say i dont have to going tracking shit as they DRT 

0A0FF21F-453F-4D24-ABF4-CD084ECF796D.jpeg

246CA430-AD63-4089-9400-7ABCFBA24C9E.jpeg

0511DF28-0AD1-456C-B7E0-AD13D14BF730.jpeg

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

Got a fair bit butchered up

just the two back legs to do. Temperature in my garage has been perfect just around 3c until late this afternoon were we peaked at 12c. Wedged  both legs in my beer fridge. Still room for me 24 tins.

bagged up 4 nice thick backstrap steaks and a tenderloin for the farmer. Will give him a leg roast and smoked sausage. Got approx 30lb of trim for the butcher to make the sausage.

so me being me decided to have a dig around the neck to see if the bullet was lodge in there. Fck no. Small entrance hole left side of neck but the bullet completely destroyed the neck vertebrae, literally smashed to bits and exit hole in the fur about a thumb nail.

i love head/neck shots as they do the biz. This type of despatch is somewhat frowned upon over here but i say i dont have to going tracking shit as they DRT 

0A0FF21F-453F-4D24-ABF4-CD084ECF796D.jpeg

246CA430-AD63-4089-9400-7ABCFBA24C9E.jpeg

0511DF28-0AD1-456C-B7E0-AD13D14BF730.jpeg

Thats some quality looking meat Ted, and a nice amount as well.

Do you ever smoke any of  it, or make jerky. 

Massive exit wound, what type of rifle and rounds are you using .

Atb j