my hunting setup 2018/2019 pic heavy

well me and a farming matey got drawn for cow moose.

last time we had moose on the cams,there was seven.so looking like a possibility something is going to get plugged.

cow moose is oct15th onwards for a month.needing meat for the freezer so this has to happen.

wife didnt get drawn for elk but for the past few weekends i have been helping out a mate with his outfitting business..setting up bear stands

and bear baits for clients and touring the bush on 6xx6 atv looking for good deer/elk hunting spots.

found one hell of a elk trail in one piece of bush,so i might be getting second dibs on hunting an elk there.

spent a few weekends and got around 12 cams up.

we should be going back down there to change cards out so hopefully some good pics.

not sure if he wants his outfitting name mentioned on here but he is a straight up honest man.

on the piece of land i dropped the elk last year and posted up some deer/pig pics,well the landowner

has taken ill and i have been dealing with him since june 1st.his wife is elderly and not well,so i have been driving her

back and forth to the city hospital to see him.three times now he has been air ambulanced around and a month later

they still have fckng sorted him out.

not sure if he is going to make and if he doesnt not sure if i can get access to the land again.

still going to have my set up in the forestry up north of me this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just been down to check the cam which i cant remember when it was last checked. threw done a salt/mineral lick block and bag of grain. what i am after to see is the bigger bucks antlers in v

Ok one photo is of a bear baiting stand. The bones are from the meat off cuts that is used for bait   the second photo is of fresh wolf tracks. A pack of wolves used a logging road, two

Things just went crazy   ok sat here all day again from 10am hawfrost all over the place,rolling fog. hunkered up again in the blind. nothing until 3.40pm i seen a deer.poke t

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mackem said:

Any of the clients had bear yet ted?

there was a huge black bear with a white V on his chest coming in.

we spent 5 hours dragging in a wooden hunting blind in pouring rain for an american hunter.

he showed up on the weds to shoot that bear and the fckn idjit couldnt control himself and shot the first bear

that came in lol

all that work for nowt.

bear baiting isnt very nice,we carry in 10 gallons of used cooking oil and enough meat scraps (rather fckn rank due to the warm weather)

and stuff that in a steel barrel chained to a tree.

i will ask my mate if i can post photos,

but here is his website https://bucklistlodgeca.com/

genuine honest fella to deal with and the hunting lodge he invested 1/2million cad on it.

very nice indeed

• Like 1

Ok

one photo is of a bear baiting stand. The bones are from the meat off cuts that is used for bait

the second photo is of fresh wolf tracks. A pack of wolves used a logging road, two wolves stayed on the road and the others kept looping off the road both sides trying to flush game back to the wolves on the logging road. Very cool to actually see the prints. My boots are size 12 so you have an idea

IMG_5493.JPG

IMG_5494.JPG

• Like 7

just been down to check the cam which i cant remember when it was last checked.

threw done a salt/mineral lick block and bag of grain.

what i am after to see is the bigger bucks antlers in velvet and getting bigger.

there was a couple of spikers but not worth the hassle uploading.

we shall wait and see.

this place is a highway for deer,moose.elk and pigs.good fckn spot.

just wait til later in the year and get apples and veg in there.

PICT0025.JPG

PICT0121.JPG

PICT0122.JPG

PICT0170.JPG

PICT0218.JPG

• Like 9
  • 1 month later...
On 24/08/2018 at 07:36, mackem said:

Cheeky raccoon there Ted,you ever shoot them?

dont see them often enough,think i have shot 2 in 11 years and clobbered one with a shovel mate.loads get run over and combined lol

On 26/08/2018 at 11:05, gazjon5 said:

How's the CWD (chronic wasting disease) situation near you Ted? Seems to be spreading across Alberta quick, and an elk from where I had my last one  (Suffield) tested positive  as well.

i dont know of anyone who has found a beast with it

i really dont know of anyone who has sent in a sample.

i havent seen an ill looking deer/moose/elk around for a long time

the sask government is always reminding hunters about it.

• Like 3

worked half a day today as its a bank holiday weekend over here.

so i hit both bait spots in the afternoon considering they are both 40 mins form my house each way.

grabbed some peas from the local elevator and off i went.

cam down on the farmland had 230ish pics in 2 weeks,few does with fawns,no end of elk and nice return of the boars (last pics in post)

pretty impressive large bull elk roaming by a few times.nightime pics will be better net time as i changed out the batteries.

cam in forestry had 330ish in 2 weeks,just a few spiker bucks and does (first pics).pics will be different from this spot next time i swap card out

as i have put wheat down in the spot were one will get shot.lined up a few places to pop the blind up as last year,it was set up for archery.

021.JPG

107.JPG

312.JPG

324.JPG

350.JPG

507.JPG

518.JPG

• Like 2