my hunting setup 2018/2019 pic heavy

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just been down to check the cam which i cant remember when it was last checked. threw done a salt/mineral lick block and bag of grain. what i am after to see is the bigger bucks antlers in v

Ok one photo is of a bear baiting stand. The bones are from the meat off cuts that is used for bait   the second photo is of fresh wolf tracks. A pack of wolves used a logging road, two

Things just went crazy   ok sat here all day again from 10am hawfrost all over the place,rolling fog. hunkered up again in the blind. nothing until 3.40pm i seen a deer.poke t

Posted Images

Went down this evening hoping for some pigs to show up

its been torrential rain all day

didnt see nowt not even a deer in any of the fields

ah well another day maybe 

atleast me and me mate had a good chat sitting comfortably in the new shack lol

D5040C59-6A5E-4EB8-8BE2-BFB37FE961B2.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sussex said:

Are those pigs numbers increasing  or are they keeping on top of them ? ..

They are trying to keep on top of them

but to no avail.

there is one chap who is licensed to trap them and he really does well not enough.

pigs go nocturnal once shot at and we aint allowed to hunt of a night here. Dont ask 

as its very frustrating 

3 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

They are trying to keep on top of them

but to no avail.

there is one chap who is licensed to trap them and he really does well not enough.

pigs go nocturnal once shot at and we aint allowed to hunt of a night here. Dont ask 

as its very frustrating 

Are you aloud to hunt the wild pigs with dogs, like they  do in parts of the states, in Canada, or are the laws different. 

Atb j 

• Haha 1
Just now, jetro said:

Are you aloud to hunt the wild pigs with dogs, like they  do in parts of the states, in Canada, or are the laws different. 

Atb j 

Not allowed to hunt with dogs either 

i cant trap them

i cant lay bait down purposely for pigs

the laws are an ass here

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Not allowed to hunt with dogs either 

i cant trap them

i cant lay bait down purposely for pigs

the laws are an ass here

Pity, you could have great sport.

You'd think the government would use any means possible to control them, in a number of years they will be a plague, and all wild life will suffer. 

As you said, the laws an ass. 

Atb j.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, jetro said:

Pity, you could have great sport.

You'd think the government would use any means possible to control them, in a number of years they will be a plague, and all wild life will suffer. 

As you said, the laws an ass. 

Atb j.

I did chuckle when i read “ you think the government.......”

the hunting of anything laws over here are outdated, anally retentive and totally fooked up lol

i could rant on for days ?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

I did chuckle when i read “ you think the government.......”

the hunting of anything laws over here are outdated, anally retentive and totally fooked up lol

i could rant on for days ?

You only have to look at Texas , and they do everything from machine gunning to trapping ,and still can’t get on top of them ..with your wide open space and limited human contact the numbers will go through the roof ..

I read that at the moment they occupy 750,,000 sq kilometres and it’s increasing by 88,000 k a year with a year on year increase ..At some point the authorities will have to act , Canada’s agriculture and wildlife is a major money earner ..Mind if there anything like ours the whole lot will go down the shitter while there playing politics ...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sussex said:

You only have to look at Texas , and they do everything from machine gunning to trapping ,and still can’t get on top of them ..with your wide open space and limited human contact the numbers will go through the roof ..

I read that at the moment they occupy 750,,000 sq kilometres and it’s increasing by 88,000 k a year with a year on year increase ..At some point the authorities will have to act , Canada’s agriculture and wildlife is a major money earner ..Mind if there anything like ours the whole lot will go down the shitter while there playing politics ...

You are correct in everything you state. I have regular contact with a professor and his team who have been studying/researching the pig problem in Sask over the past 3 yrs. their funding comes from the states. He has told and told the sask government they are in serious trouble but to no avail.

when the sask gov changed the unclear laws on hunting pigs they actually made it more restrictive.

Here is a link to their FB page

https://m.(!64.56:886/profile.php?id=149334422332821&ref=content_filter