my hunting setup 2018/2019 pic heavy

• 3 months later...

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just been down to check the cam which i cant remember when it was last checked. threw done a salt/mineral lick block and bag of grain. what i am after to see is the bigger bucks antlers in v

Ok one photo is of a bear baiting stand. The bones are from the meat off cuts that is used for bait   the second photo is of fresh wolf tracks. A pack of wolves used a logging road, two

Things just went crazy   ok sat here all day again from 10am hawfrost all over the place,rolling fog. hunkered up again in the blind. nothing until 3.40pm i seen a deer.poke t

Posted Images

Went back up north into the forestry to collect me cam. 1100pics of does, fawns and a few spiker bucks from over winter.

just today hit me mates land and both cams still working. Again does n fawns on one cam and the other just pigs.

one pic is we're the pigs have hit an ant hill

and the other is were the fcrs ripped the barrel off the tree.

came across a porcupine in the field

30767462-1AB6-4AE8-B5DF-F83E7479B29D.jpeg

69D41B5D-28BC-40E3-A367-A073E837644C.jpeg

• Like 2

Took dogs for a walk tonight in the town. I have been seeing some prairie dawgs in the field edge on the road to were i work.

not allowed to hunt within the town limits but hey ho.

hound sniffed out a few holes then the terrier latch on to a scent. She started digging and digging hard.

she couldn’t get deep enough and traffic started to get heavy so i left lol

48D54D8E-CBEA-4519-B082-F3609BFD92E9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went down south today to the farmland bait spots to see what going on and bang more bait down.

i got given two bags of minerals so I thought i would drop this at the deer spot and set up a cam. These mineral attracts i am not a big believer in and i am one who isnt attracted to buying them. Every deer hunter has their own tips, i think its just a commercial money maker.

anyways off to the bait barrel. Barrel is on the wrong side of the tree, camera is ripped off the tree and fresh pig rootings.

sorted the barrel out AGAIN 

Filled it with peas, stuck another cam on the tree.

got home 774 pics.100 of elk, who were the culprits for the barrel/cam damage. Cause the cam fell face up i had 600 pics of the trees and leaves.

i will upload those pics later just going to do the pics off me phone

15C3BEAA-41C5-4AB0-A7B0-7FC9B1D7AF3A.jpeg

1610BF1B-BE14-4A23-BA48-47A71B0BC1B9.jpeg

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 1

Just been up the river fishing. On the opposite bank was a black bear and he was chasing a beaver who was in the river. Next thing the bear dived in a swam across to the other bank

sorry for the crappy pic but he was a fair way away. In the pic he is the black spot lol

6BDB449A-A6F1-4E68-884F-ED838829BF0A.png

• Confused 1
10 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

Just been up the river fishing. On the opposite bank was a black bear and he was chasing a beaver who was in the river. Next thing the bear dived in a swam across to the other bank

sorry for the crappy pic but he was a fair way away. In the pic he is the black spot lol

6BDB449A-A6F1-4E68-884F-ED838829BF0A.png

That looks like a leopard in the british countryside ? Those deer mineral licks mate,you don't think they work?I was thinking of trying some here for fallow.When will you be guiding clients on bear mate?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mackem said:

That looks like a leopard in the british countryside ? Those deer mineral licks mate,you don't think they work?I was thinking of trying some here for fallow.When will you be guiding clients on bear mate?

what does one expect to achieve by sticking it a salt block and mineral for deer?

the products are promoted in such a way over here that it says it attracts big bucks,well i am skeptical of this view entirely.

big bucks come into bait spots looking for does to shag,most of our hunting is based around the rut season,which personally i find wrong.

deer love peas,beans and alfalfa but once they have a munch on that they move on.

my mate bought 20 blocks of buck attractant,i was sticking them down at all his baits spots.

the pigs would come in a eat the whole block in 15mins. lol

no guiding as of yet for bears mate,setting stuff up for net years clients.

• Like 2

sask big game results are out

this year i put in for elk,moose and mule deer

didnt get drawn for any and as expecting to as i am in the lower dra pools

however, wifey got drawn for cow elk and my mate who we got a moose with he got drawn for cow elk too

• Like 2