I've seen it. The Irish RM was also another great series that showed plenty of Poteen making. Especially the one where the local Magistrate seen a man ( Neil Tobin) coming out of a field in the rain and asked what he was doing ? The man said he was burning sticks, hence the smoke.The magistrate gave him a lift into the court house. In court, the magistrate asked the arresting officer how did he catch the man making potteen ? The constable said that he seen the smoke from the still on a rainy day when most lads make it to keep the smoke down.

Still a trick used today.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i wouldnt be shouting it about making spirit as its illigal in the u/k without a licence   

If I get put away for anything, I’d love it to be making moonshine lol I’ve just stashed all my gear in the woods anyway so I should be fine ? 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

I've seen it. The Irish RM was also another great series that showed plenty of Poteen making. Especially the one where the local Magistrate seen a man ( Neil Tobin) coming out of a field in the rain and asked what he was doing ? The man said he was burning sticks, hence the smoke.The magistrate gave him a lift into the court house. In court, the magistrate asked the arresting officer how did he catch the man making potteen ? The constable said that he seen the smoke from the still on a rainy day when most lads make it to keep the smoke down.

Still a trick used today.

you couldnt bait it with a stick.cute boyos

• Like 1