I thought it was only illegal when you sold it (tax evasion) it is illegal in the UK without a license though! I brew wine to 30-32% with super yeast (cracking stuff). 

I wonder how many people have been persecuted Errr prosecuted for distilling for thier own consumption? There are plenty of stills for sale on websites, even my brew shop has a variety, they're intended use being water and oil distillation hmm ? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i wouldnt be shouting it about making spirit as its illigal in the u/k without a licence   

If I get put away for anything, I’d love it to be making moonshine lol I’ve just stashed all my gear in the woods anyway so I should be fine ? 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

I thought it was only illegal when you sold it (tax evasion) it is illegal in the UK without a license though! I brew wine to 30-32% with super yeast (cracking stuff). 

I wonder how many people have been persecuted Errr prosecuted for distilling for thier own consumption? There are plenty of stills for sale on websites, even my brew shop has a variety, they're intended use being water and oil distillation hmm ? 

I was thinking that before? Did we ever have prohibition in the UK or was it just America? And if anybody asks I’m making bio fuel for my lawn mower ? I can make 2500ltrs of that per year apparently. Might need a licence for that to tho lol I should look in to it really ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, air gun ant said:

I was thinking that before? Did we ever have prohibition in the UK or was it just America? And if anybody asks I’m making bio fuel for my lawn mower ? I can make 2500ltrs of that per year apparently. Might need a licence for that to tho lol I should look in to it really ?

We're nearly at prohibition here in Scotland at present, minimum price per unit, no bogof offers on alcohol, and they're on about doubling the minimum price per unit! Won't be long before the bootleggers are in full swing, I hope. They'll probably be putting a tax on home brewing before long ffs. 

4 hours ago, Gav said:

We're nearly at prohibition here in Scotland at present, minimum price per unit, no bogof offers on alcohol, and they're on about doubling the minimum price per unit! Won't be long before the bootleggers are in full swing, I hope. They'll probably be putting a tax on home brewing before long ffs. 

I am in Scotland! That’s what inspired me to do it lol ? 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, air gun ant said:

I am in Scotland! That’s what inspired me to do it lol ? 

Didn't have me specs on, thought ye location said Lancashire ? sorry man ? 

On 14/07/2018 at 22:51, mackem said:

:laugh:

popcorn sutton. he was caught again making moonshine and expecting another prison sentence and took his own life. old man should have being left alone. he was a legend in the moonshine business.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, antg said:

popcorn sutton. he was caught again making moonshine and expecting another prison sentence and took his own life. old man should have being left alone. he was a legend in the moonshine business.

Yup,gassed himself,read quite a bit about him,i always found people who are a bit alternative interesting :thumbs:

• Like 2

Got a mate that made his own and keeps himself well stocked. Got a jar of his rum that I made sloe rum out of, which given a few years has improved the raw spirit quite a lot imo.

The stuff is very high proof. You could weaponise it given an appropriate delivery system! :icon_eek: :laugh:

Been on holiday so missed this. Ant. Where you live pal just get on with it. Post as much as you want and I guarantee nobody will bother you. Just as an aside, we had our Phillos distilling sidiqui for us in Riyadh. Fckg stuff was totally insane. Double distilled from memory and when tested over a spoon, no orange flames at all so pretty much pure alcohol . Yep, that would eventually send you blind. Notice my spelling mistakes ffs. Will try to see you later in the year but no promises. LAK. Jok.

• Like 1

There was an old farmer here in Ireland who was making Poteen and the new sergeant raided his yard and found his still, which was empty at the time.

The farmer ended up before the magistrate and the sergeant said they found a still so he must be making poteen. The farmer stood up and told the judge that he might as well prosecute him for rape too.

When the judge asked "why" the farmer replied "sure haven't I the equipment for that too, but it doesn't mean I done it." 

He was acquitted and believe it or not, that's a true story.

• Like 2
On 17/07/2018 at 16:51, antg said:

I think they couldn't catch him for moonshining but he was charged with illegal firearms possession and he was only getting two months but because he had cancer he ended it all.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, neil cooney said:

There was an old farmer here in Ireland who was making Poteen and the new sergeant raided his yard and found his still, which was empty at the time.

The farmer ended up before the magistrate and the sergeant said they found a still so he must be making poteen. The farmer stood up and told the judge that he might as well prosecute him for rape too.

When the judge asked "why" the farmer replied "sure haven't I the equipment for that too, but it doesn't mean I done it." 

He was acquitted and believe it or not, that's a true story.

their is a great film called poitin starring mick lally, cryil cusack and neil tobin its a short irish film but well worth a watch,theirs a scene in the film where they wanted to make a pub scene real so they fed the locals drink for a few hours,then enter neil tobin into the pub acting the boyo the locals didnt know what was going on as they were kept out of the loop as to what was happening in the scene,a few of the locals went for him as he was going off on an very old man in the pub starring cyril cusach. gret movie.

• Like 1