Fleas & ticks.

The 2 jills and 1 young hob have been flea and tick free.

The wife picked up some straw from the pet shop last week and it's been used for bedding and now 1 week later they have a few fleas and the hob had 1 tick on his head.

I'm certain that the straw has given them fleas and ticks.

Has anyone else found that using this pet shop straw has had the same effect.

I got some stuff from Aldi called Pestroy rub a pipette on there shoulders and its supposed to repel fleas and tick But if you do them when there in the sleeping area they rub it all over anyway  but i dont seem to get a problem unless its sheep ground 

• Like 1

My mate had a pet shop and was selling hay and straw for £1 10p.i  said i could get him a whole bale for £3,enough for about 40 bags.he said no way because all his is treated and he don't want to risk passing ticks and fleas and mixymotosis his customers rabbits.

Shop owner right be pulling a stroke.

This is a useful removal tool, you get two sizes in the box. There like miniature wrecking bars. I use Frontline spray for tics and fleas and Beaphar Spot On if they have ears mites, it does not say any thing on the box about tics.

IMG_1252.jpg.267e746dd5677dacc54ea46ea254c8fa.jpg

Cheers Arry 

• Like 1

Thing is if your ferrets have got fleas there probably in the hutch and carry box i pick a roaster of a day and powerwash  them  and they dry in no time and i sometimes wash the ferrets with flea shampoo and let them run about the garden  and dry before putting them back into there hutch 

• Like 1