Bad run of luck

So I had a bitch due to pup Tuesday. Went out Monday and she had 3 pups but it was hours apart. So another check  nothing else coming by 11 that night I was checking the bitch and green discharge was coming out of her and a phone call to the vets and she was in for a section. Left there with 8 pups. Stayed up most the night getting the pups sucking. The next day the runt died which didn’t surprise me. Since then she has lay on 3 more. Went out this morning and everything was grand so took the dogs for a walk came back and started cleaninh them out and got to her kennel and she had her stitches burst open so back into the vet and sowed her up again. Hopefully that’s the end of a bad run. The vet reckoned it’s only the 3rd bitch he’s seen burst her stitches in 40 years. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the joys of theory , please show us a terrier you have bred that works or any terrier that you have worked , working meaning dug to,  a empty vessel make the most noise ..you've been on these boards f

Are you sure you're not Brian plummer risen from the dead? ?? You sound very book smart. I imagine shane was well aware his bitch was due to pup. Bitches often pup early on their own without someone p

Just been reading this thread and I do find you a bit out of order ace boon coon.there's nothing like kicking a man when he's down I'm sure the lads gutted about loosing 3 pups I would be and probably

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Str said:

What reason did the vet give for the bitch bursting her stitches? Good luck.

He said he’s only herd of it happening 3 times in his career. He said it happens with cows more often but not dogs. I reckon when I went for a walk with the other dogs she was probably jumping around the kennels 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, delboy_187 said:

Comes in 3s ....emergency c section /pups dying /stitches opening . Hopefully that it mate just bein noise how much was the c section

150 it was half 11 at night and I getting to him and nearly 1 and I leaving. Very reasonably priced to be fair 

• Like 5
Just now, delboy_187 said:

Great price ....mate mine got a terrier done off an oul lad bob is his name in liexlip  20 euro I kid you not 

That’s for nothing to be fair. My uncle got a setter done 3 months back and it was 250 and another mate in cork paid 450 last summer. 

7 minutes ago, delboy_187 said:

Great price ....mate mine got a terrier done off an oul lad bob is his name in liexlip  20 euro I kid you not 

My mate couldn't get in touch with Bob so went to the vet college I think the pups were dead inside the bitch the wanted two and a half grand,and just as his Mrs was about to sign the consent form Bob rang so he took the bitch to him and all he charged was  eighty euro that's some price drop.

Edited by peterhunter86
  • Like 4

Celbridge  bob is in mate sorry he  all about dog ... an accidental mating cost the same lad two years later gave 7 hundred  in ucd (bob was away ) bitch couldn't have pups natural knocked down by van as pup broke her pelvis got bitch tied up after that 

41 minutes ago, shaneg said:

150 it was half 11 at night and I getting to him and nearly 1 and I leaving. Very reasonably priced to be fair 

Jesus  that's a  brilliant price, my vets a good bloke who's the same price but I hear some scary stories from other lads where vet bills come into it

• Like 2