mountain bike

19 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

What Inside leg are you , my advice is check gumtree or get kids check local Facebook selling pages, 

ive bought tidy bikes £30-70 from retro gents bikes to mtbs

B29D4778-F471-4049-841C-56983E22C9B5.jpeg

DDB4666D-E377-4426-BD2A-D9A0F831DF90.jpeg

The second one looks like something off antiques roadshow! ??

• Haha 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck all that modern bike shit. Buy a proper bike. Raleigh chopper mk1. Look at the quality oozing from it.  

stay away from these. play havoc with ya joints.? ps.  hope alls well jigsaw.  

What Inside leg are you , my advice is check gumtree or get kids check local Facebook selling pages,  ive bought tidy bikes £30-70 from retro gents bikes to mtbs

Posted Images

You can't actually change the tyres from a hybrid to MTB and vice versa as the MTB wheels are twice as wide. I have a Scott hybrid and the wheels are way narrower than my son's Scott MTB. Mine is very easy to pedal, his is way heavier. Depends where you intend to do most of your riding.

How much do you want to spend? There's great bikes new from about £300 for the sort of general use you want. If you get the bug you can spend 10K +

Most frames are made in Taiwan nowadays but usually good quality. Use your local bike shop, not Halfords or the petrol station, lol tell them what you are gonna do on it and if they're decent they'll give you good advice.

You don't need all singing all dancing shit, get a decent frame, wheels and forks and you'll be fine. All the major manufacturers make decent bikes, depends what suits you. Enjoy the freedom!

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

right people,next month im hoping to buy a mountain bike /hybred type..so im looking for help as to what might be obvious to you ,what i should look out for ..i almost bought one 3 weeks ago ,but my young feller googled it and the price was almost the same as a new version..i almost got ripped off ...any makes or models i should look for ,and remember im mid 50's so dont want anything insanely youthful which would make me look like a right mid life crisis victim lol...weight and frame size etc is goingto be an issue i expect but i have no idea as to what i am looking for ..any help would be appreciated ...

Get a bus ticket instead 

It all depends what your gonna do with it.

I love lamping on mine (so does the dog!)

Propper poaching, stealth mode and you can get so much closer to easy spooked gear.

This year i'm going for a new(er) bike and as i'm in my 50's, ride comfort will play a major part..!

9 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

It all depends what your gonna do with it.

I love lamping on mine (so does the dog!)

Propper poaching, stealth mode and you can get so much closer to easy spooked gear.

This year i'm going for a new(er) bike and as i'm in my 50's, ride comfort will play a major part..!

I had a folding bike a rare mission one (wish I never sold  it ) it had a basket on the back ,6 speed gears it was tough an simple , I changed the tyres out for kids ones that were off road style think it had 16 inch wheels , could go anywhere on it wouldn’t attract attention wouldn’t got stolen it was a foragers dream.guy bought it go on back of his camper .

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Mountain bikes are ideal ...for the mountains!!! 

A good hybrid will square you away most other places 

and if your on the road , a road bike beats everything else hands down 

Road bikes are for going fast or long distances a hybrids more comfy

I got a nice bike when the Olympics was on ....I've never used it  it's done 20 miles max still has the quality stickers on the disks  :yes: I did put it on ebay but just got messed about ... I will keep it ,.it will be a classic one day :laugh:

DSC_0390.JPG