Stav’s got some explaining to do

5 hours ago, Stavross said:

My missus has seen the invoice and asked what it was, I explained waiting to be stabbed through the chest with a knitting needle and she said you should treat yourself you work hard, now I am extremely worried 

That's not normal!!

• Haha 1

Took the dogs for a walk by a canal with the Mrs a while back and she’s a talkative sort . We started having a natter with a fisherman. The dogs were on leads but messing about . He said be careful that pole cost over £5000 , her jaw dropped open , he explained that you could pay a lot more for some poles . I looked at her with a smirk and my eyebrows raised and said “ think yourself bloody lucky  I’m into shooting not fishing “. That little meeting has been great , because not long after I bought my thermal spotter and as you can imagine I reminded her how lucky she was that I had such a comparitvely cheap interest. 

• Haha 4

To be fair my missus shoe collection is a joke, nobody needs over 450 pairs of shoes and non of them are cheap, so if she was to complain about the price of my gun collection I’d have to remind her that she only has 2 feet, but only after a couple of bravery beers

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mines not normally to bad she just likes to be involved in spending my money, hers is a different story, she earns considerably more than me but mine is ours and hers is her own, saying that I did say I would replace all the doors in the house and then spent it all on this new rifle, I haven’t mentioned that part yet ?

• Haha 1

Sad news, my gun shop has just rang, GMK don’t have the tikka in stock, they’ve ordered me it and they have said 5 weeks, I’ve rang every shop I can think of even down to sportsman in Exeter and no one has it in left, looks like a waiting game now ☹️

Edited by Stavross
3 hours ago, Stavross said:

Sad news, my gun shop has just rang, GMK don’t have the tikka in stock, they’ve ordered me it and they have said 5 weeks, I’ve rang every shop I can think of even down to sportsman in Exeter and no one has it in left, looks like a waiting game now ☹️

Ever thought of a sauer 100 ? Not bad for the money, they are doing a package with a meopta sight mounts mod for a very competitive price . You are getting sauer quality at a reasonable price .

• Like 1
On 07/07/2018 at 14:24, Stavross said:

Well I’m not sure how this is going to go down with the missus 

ive just been to the gun shop for a look and ordered this little lot

》》》》》vortex viper 6-24x50 with optilock mounts

wish me luck, she’s on her way home ?

You just wait till she comes home. You're in for a right thrashing.  Fancy buying a scope of that power. What you Intend shooting? Fleas off of the back of a dog over in France ? She'll  be right hacked off. Should have gone to specsavers and bought a 6 or 8 x40.  24x ?

Edited by Meece
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Ever thought of a sauer 100 ? Not bad for the money, they are doing a package with a meopta sight mounts mod for a very competitive price . You are getting sauer quality at a reasonable price .

I’ve looked at a few rifles and I always come back tikka it seems whatever I want I have to wait for to have it in lefty, he’s ordered me the tikka, GMK said it could be here in 3 weeks

42 minutes ago, Meece said:

You just wait till she comes home. You're in for a right thrashing.  Fancy buying a scope of that power. What you Intend shooting? Fleas off of the back of a dog over in France ? She'll  be right hacked off. Should have gone to specsavers and bought a 6 or 8 x40.  24x ?

Yeah it seems to be going ok at home at the minute, I’m sure it will cost me dear at some point

the scope was a bit of a deal, ex display, I was looking at a 16x40 but thought I’d see how I got on with this for the price 

Have you looked for a second hand 1 ,perhaps or has it got to be shiny .Theres many a good used package available and it,l give you some change to buy "that old thing had it years love " kind of thing 

2 of the son in laws bought second hand rifles that were virtually unused for very, very cheap money. people buy stuff with intentions and don't use them. One of the guns the owner bought new in 1994 and has only ever fired 4  YES 4 rounds through it !!!  it is just like the day he bought it.  it still has all of the manufacturers packing including the sleeve that it was in the box in. The receipts for the gun, scope, ammo - 4 rounds.  The other one a Remington 700 has had about 20 rounds through it and again is like out of the box along with a load of other stuff. so many people buy stuff and don't use it.  one of the boys went into his local shop the other week to get some 223 rounds and a bloke came in with quite a nice Urgartechea SxS sidelock ejector and just gave it to the son in law because he didn't want it and wanted to buy an O/U instead  and just wanted rid out of the cabinet.  Crazy things going on regards the popularity and unpopularity of weapons. gun shops don't want them on the shelf. I wouldn't have refused it if I had been there. The daughter has banned son in law from going anywhere near the shop.  like a 5 mile exclusion zone because every time he goes in he comes home with another piece. The fact that he was gifted this one makes no difference.

• Like 1

Think I’m going shiny with this one, I’ve had a few second hand, most recently the cz .17hmr, everything he owned for £250, it seems to just be a fad with some people so there’s some real bargains to be had

On 08/07/2018 at 07:09, Stavross said:

To be fair my missus shoe collection is a joke, nobody needs over 450 pairs of shoes and non of them are cheap, so if she was to complain about the price of my gun collection I’d have to remind her that she only has 2 feet, but only after a couple of bravery beers

Your Mrs sounds like mine?

shoes and bags to match?

She knows I’m serious about my shooting but I still have to butter her up when looking at a new purchase?