The things you do for your kids

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I, d walk out on a funeral, or a days work in the blink of an eye and drive the length or breadth of the country if my kids phoned me for help, and my youngest is 24, but it's the job I took on and th

Fukcing kids they just bleed you dry until nothing is left except a shrivelled up husk of what you were ???

You dont know how much they mean to you until you loose one lost my grandson a few years ago to a rare liver disease only 11 or 12 cases around the world  and they only live until there

You dont know how much they mean to you

until you loose one

lost my grandson a few years ago to a rare liver disease only 11 or 12 cases around the world 

and they only live until there around 14yrs old

boys dont make it and girls are the carriers .

We had been down to kings hospital to see him and had only been in the house half an hour when my daughter came in and say,d Dillon had passed a way .

had not even unloaded the car just jumped back in and drove back down

My son had not shed a tear not one my ex wife went into the little yard to see him then i went in to see him he broke down in tears and cry,d like a baby in my arms ,

I held him for ages just like i did when he was born .

My ex turned to my daughter inlaw and say,

he was waiting for his dad

Its hard sitting hear writing this as it brings every thing back

I made a promise when they were born that id look after them no matter what

id like to think iv done a good job and kept my promise

Id of took Dillon,s place in a heart beat if it would of even given him a few years on this earth .

TEARS yes i still have a few when i think about him

i never held him in my arms he had 12 machines wired to him

you could still hold him but i say,d ill wait until he gets home

he never did and i did not get to hold him

but the bond was still there he was one of us .

The things we do for our kids

id of taken his place in a blink of an eye and then some

atvbjimmy:thumbs:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3
6 hours ago, sussex said:

..I like to think the best thing I gave them was the will and vision to get out and earn your there own life ..

And that's the best thing you can give.

me and my bro were raised different, mum done my bro who is the eldest, she doted on him and he got everything he ever wanted for nowt, dad took charge with me and I had to work for everything, rewarded when I was good and punished when I was bad.

They had no money and we were never spoiled, but I was still paid for jobs helping the old man, he helped me in other ways though, he always done his best for me.

Many years on, my brother is still a spoilt, lazy, good for nothing lying scum with no prospects and nowt to call his own.

I am still grafting 7 days a week, comfortable with a few quid in the bank, nice things around me that ive worked for, bought and paid, decent business, and generally happy in life, the old man got something right I reckon.

I don't blame anyone for spoiling their kids, but life lessons should always be priority I think.

Employing young folk opens your eyes, the majority are lazy, want it all handed to them, don't want to get dirty, rate themselves too high, think they are worth the earth, as I sit here typing this I am waiting for a lad, he couldn't get the bus as he was skint, asked me yesterday for a sub to get a bus pass, he had £1216 paid to him on Friday but managed to spend the lot in one day (beer, coke and clothes I imagine) and no money to get to work, the message I got said it was my fault because I wouldn't give him money yesterday !!!

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Rabid said:

me and my bro were raised different, mum done my bro who is the eldest, she doted on him and he got everything he ever wanted for nowt, dad took charge with me and I had to work for everything, rewarded when I was good and punished when I was bad.

They had no money and we were never spoiled, but I was still paid for jobs helping the old man, he helped me in other ways though, he always done his best for me.

Many years on, my brother is still a spoilt, lazy, good for nothing lying scum with no prospects and nowt to call his own.

I am still grafting 7 days a week, comfortable with a few quid in the bank, nice things around me that ive worked for, bought and paid, decent business, and generally happy in life, the old man got something right I reckon.

I don't blame anyone for spoiling their kids, but life lessons should always be priority I think.

Employing young folk opens your eyes, the majority are lazy, want it all handed to them, don't want to get dirty, rate themselves too high, think they are worth the earth, as I sit here typing this I am waiting for a lad, he couldn't get the bus as he was skint, asked me yesterday for a sub to get a bus pass, he had £1216 paid to him on Friday but managed to spend the lot in one day (beer, coke and clothes I imagine) and no money to get to work, the message I got said it was my fault because I wouldn't give him money yesterday !!!

Employing youngsters now is harder than ever, we've 2 apprentices on the books, 1 is great (but his Dad is our yard foreman) the other can be infuriating...

I can't believe how much ass wiping some employees need, f**k me even buying some milk for there cuppa at break time is too hard for them at times!! Lol 

My kids know all about hard graft gets you everywhere, they have certainly had it easier than me, mine was a bit of a strained upbringing at times, but it makes you who you are... I hope the kids realise our sacrifices for them, maybe not whilst there kids (I want them to be care free and enjoy thst) but perhaps when there older...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

until you loose one

lost my grandson a few years ago to a rare liver disease only 11 or 12 cases around the world 

We had been down to kings hospital to see him and had only been in the house half an hour when my daughter came in and say,d Dillon had passed a way .

My son had not shed a tear not one my ex wife went into the little yard to see him then i went in to see him he broke down in tears and cry,d like a baby in my arms ,

Id of took Dillon,s place in a heart beat if it would of even given him a few years on this earth .

Jesus mate, what a sad story...

I hope time has helped to heal a little for you all...

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Rabid said:

well I would sack him

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Employing youngsters now is harder than ever, we've 2 apprentices on the books, 1 is great (but his Dad is our yard foreman) the other can be infuriating...

I can't believe how much ass wiping some employees need, f**k me even buying some milk for there cuppa at break time is too hard for them at times!! Lol 

My kids know all about hard graft gets you everywhere, they have certainly had it easier than me, mine was a bit of a strained upbringing at times, but it makes you who you are... I hope the kids realise our sacrifices for them, maybe not whilst there kids (I want them to be care free and enjoy thst) but perhaps when there older...

Yeah I've got exactly same problem, 

I stop at a shop on the way to the job, get whatever I need for the day, they get a can of coke or mars bar, then at 10am they want to go shop for breakfast, then at 1 they want to go for lunch, then in the afternoon they need a drink ffs, I keep saying get your stuff you need for the day ! Not dissapear 10 times a day to the shop. They honestly just cannot think for themselves, it pains me most days how they can be so utterly useless at organising themselves.

29 minutes ago, greg64 said:

well I would sack him

That's exactly what he needs,  if I could replace him he would be gone months ago !

He is the best worker going when he turns up, but his reliability and self organisation is dreadful

believe me, I've advertised, and started lots of new blokes over the years, and they just don't have a good days work in them anymore, when you get one that can work you have to hang onto them and treat them well,  I pay top money for the right lads, and look after them, but I would say one in every 20 is worth giving a job.

• Like 2

Spent best part of 50K on her education in the last 2 years, paying for her international baccalaureate over the next coming 2 years, put up daily with her teen bollocks ?, answer any questions she has about anything, run around Spanish government offices trying to sort her shit out and in general just be there for them when they need me.

The one thing above all else I do for my kid (which has already been mentioned in this thread) is teach her to be independent, question everything and use her own judgement.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Yeah I've got exactly same problem, 

I stop at a shop on the way to the job, get whatever I need for the day, they get a can of coke or mars bar, then at 10am they want to go shop for breakfast, then at 1 they want to go for lunch, then in the afternoon they need a drink ffs, I keep saying get your stuff you need for the day ! Not dissapear 10 times a day to the shop. They honestly just cannot think for themselves, it pains me most days how they can be so utterly useless at organising themselves.

Been off the tools a few years now, but we had 1 break a day, it fitted in with when you could stop, I couldn't handle the 10am - 1pm breaks there 3pm tea stop.. f**k that you spent more time up and down a ladder then on the job!! Lol

Ive got subbie gangs that still work for me who started out learning the trade employed with me, they still do 1 break a day, when your on price it all counts..

The boys in the yard (steel fabs) are another breed though, it's life by a clock, always been employed and always will be..got to get there overalls washed, buy their footed, tea, milk, wipe there ass, apologise if they work a minute over, etc etc lol....

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Been off the tools a few years now, but we had 1 break a day, it fitted in with when you could stop, I couldn't handle the 10am - 1pm breaks there 3pm tea stop.. f**k that you spent more time up and down a ladder then on the job!! Lol

Ive got subbie gangs that still work for me who started out learning the trade employed with me, they still do 1 break a day, when your on price it all counts..

The boys in the yard (steel fabs) are another breed though, it's life by a clock, always been employed and always will be..got to get there overalls washed, buy their footed, tea, milk, wipe there ass, apologise if they work a minute over, etc etc lol....

That's how I work, one break a day at very most, sometimes not even that, but it's my business and how I like to work, I don't 'expect' my blokes to work like that, although I always give the option of working on a price, or job and knock, or knock off early if they work through, it's upto them what they want, so long as job gets done, and I'm not having my pants pulled down.

Mostly my blokes are very good, will stay a bit late when needed, knock off early if jobs finished and so forth, but they are all military lads, or older blokes with families, it's the young ones I struggle with.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

until you loose one

Incredibly sad mate,took a lot of courage to write that out,thank you.

• Like 2
On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 15:40, Welsh_red said:

Teaching about money should be taught in school , same as a little about politics. Also think for the kids that are obviously not accademicly minded there should be something in place about work in the outside world.  Never taught us any of this 

Certainly wouldn't do any harm to learn about money and work at school. Personally I think kids learn a lot from their parents, is it not our responsibility to tech our kids that to spend money you have to earn it first?  Maybe I've been lucky with my three sons as they don't hold their hands out and ask for this, that and the next thing. I see too many kids on the take yet ask them to do the dishes and you've no chance.

And don't get me started on the number of kids I see that have zero respect for their parents, boils my piss.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

until you loose one

Thank you for sharing that . Don’t mind telling you I’ve got a tear in my eye . All the best to you and your family . 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, tote said:

Certainly wouldn't do any harm to learn about money and work at school. Personally I think kids learn a lot from their parents, is it not our responsibility to tech our kids that to spend money you have to earn it first?  Maybe I've been lucky with my three sons as they don't hold their hands out and ask for this, that and the next thing. I see too many kids on the take yet ask them to do the dishes and you've no chance.

And don't get me started on the number of kids I see that have zero respect for their parents, boils my piss.

That's a fair point , but for the kids whose parents havnt got a clue a little nudge in the right direction might help . On the work aspect I had a mate in school who all the way through school you knew he wasn't interested in classes , bottom of everything and a bit wild.  Looking back might have benefitted him half a day a week in his final year to go work in local garage or building or anything really so that when he's finished school he's already dipped his toe into work, got some contacts and realise he can work and get money rather than piss about after school . 

• Like 3